Thread: NGD Brent Mason model

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio

NGD Brent Mason model

I got one!! Ordered it from Sweetwater. White wash with rosewood fingerboard. I've got pics on my computer, but I haven't figured out how to upload them yet. First impressions--the neck is killer--it's the Pattern neck, nice and full, with just the slightest hint of a V shape. Sounds real good--a little darker than I was expecting, but very good nonetheless. I'm still tweaking my amp (a Quilter MicroPro 200-8). The only problem I'm having is that my nice thick Levy's strap doesn't want to fit over those big strap buttons. Tomorrow I'll get out a sharp knife and see if I can fix that--I think I'll have to extend the slots and enlarge the holes.
    Last edited by jfine; 05-31-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Awesome! Congrats. Pics please (I use photobucket but I know others use others)

I think I'd like that guitar.

White wash Brent Mason sig (preferably with the maple board, yum!) is high on my wish list! Congrats man, would love to see pics when you get them up!
    -Matt

Pictures or it didn't happen. Just sayin'...
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

CLIMBING VINTAGE PRS MT.
    Congrats. your thoughts on the tone?

Congrats - those Brent Mason models look very nice.

Rather than cut your strap - why not just take the strap buttons off, insert them through the holes in the strap (narrow/guitar end of the strap button first) and then screw them back on. Makes for a really solid strap-locks-not-required mount, provided you don't mind just folding the strap up when you put the guitar in the case rather than removing it.
    2013 PRS 408 Standard Frost Blue Metallic | 2012 Gibson '61 Reissue SG | 2010 Gibson Firebird V w/BKP Nantucket P90s | 2008 Sewell Vintage Custom Stealth Tele | 2012 Jackson Ampworks Newcastle 30 Head / Dual-Ported 1x12 | 2007 Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker Reissue 2x12 Combo | 200x Epiphone Valve Senior 1x12 Combo | AnalogMan | Fulltone | ZVex | MXR | TC Electronic

Quote Originally Posted by jfine View Post
    I got one!! Ordered it from Sweetwater. White wash with rosewood fingerboard. I've got pics on my computer, but I haven't figured out how to upload them yet. First impressions--the neck is killer--it's the Pattern neck, nice and full, with just the slightest hint of a V shape. Sounds real good--a little darker than I was expecting, but very good nonetheless. I'm still tweaking my amp (a Quilter MicroPro 200-8). The only problem I'm having is that my nice thick Levy's strap doesn't want to fit over those big strap buttons. Tomorrow I'll get out a sharp knife and see if I can fix that--I think I'll have to extend the slots and enlarge the holes.
    Congrats - those look like great guitars!

I extended the slot on my thick Levy's strap with an Xacto knife, and that's all that was necessary. The hole itself doesn't need to be enlarged.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Wow... Congrats! That has got to be one versatile axe!
    2001 PRS McRosie Violin Amber Sunburst Abalone birdies
    2008 PRS Mira Vintage Orange with old MOP birdies
    2009 PRS 305 Tri Colour Burst
    2009 PRS SE ONE autographed by Dweezil Zappa
    2011 PRS H combo amp

Quote Originally Posted by guitarsong View Post
    Congrats. your thoughts on the tone?
    It's a little darker-sounding than I was expecting, but that's not neccessarily a bad thing. The neck pickup with the tone rolled off some is as good a jazz tone as I've ever gotten from a solidbody--in fact, it's darn near a jazz box. The neck-and-middle and bridge-and-middle settings are real good--Strat-like in single-coil mode and a bit warmer in humbucking mode. The bridge pickup in single-coil mode actually sounds a lot like the '59 Tele I had in the mid-'70's, which was not as bright as a lot of Teles. The Pattern neck is killer--nice and full-feeling with just the slightest hint of a V. I tend to like Wide-Fat necks anyway, and this feels very similar.

Darn. I've got photos on Photobucket, but I can't get them on here.

Got one! I don't know if I'll be able to remember how I did it, but here's a pic.
    Last edited by jfine; 06-02-2013 at 04:50 PM.