Thread: please help me with choice

please help me with choice

hello! i'm looking for US PRS guitar with stoptail and maple top, i'm choising between custom 22, custom 24 and Mccarty model I think thin/wide neck is more comfortable, but Mccarty come with fat neck only as i understand...well and it's cheaper as i see and i guess custom 22 or 24 sound more distinctly than Mccarty, cause last one nearer to Les Paul which sounds a little more muddy sorry for this stereotypes and sorry for my english. I'll plan use a guitar for heavy music, Drop D or Drop C tuning. thanks
    Last edited by akwa; 11-08-2013 at 03:50 AM.

If you like a thin neck and heavy music, go ahead and eliminate the McCarty. It is a great guitar, but not the best fit based on what you said. Fat neck and more vintage styled sound.

Custom 24 is the most aggressive sounding guitar in the line and the Custom 22 is a nice middle ground between the 24 and McCarty.
    --Garrett--

I'd rock a Custom 22 with a stop tail. This will allow for your desired neck and I like stop tails for any down tuning.
    Plank Owner

thank you guys for your replies
    yes, it's true, i'm not shure about Mccarty... I think it's neck is similar some of Gibson's. I owned Gibson LP Gothic, it has not a comfortable neck for me. Now i use Fender Deluxe Telecaster and this guitar is good for playing chords, but i think i need in guitar with a wide neck

What about a 408? The pickups are...amazing.

I picked up a 2001 Singlecut recently with a stoptail. The neck is not wide thin like my Artist. But I do like the tones for certain songs during the gigs.
    Definitely more of a LP feel.

wow. I just realized this was my first post here?? I have been reading all this time and not posted. That is strange, I thought I had posted here more than that. Unless my posts got cleared out.