Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Biking / Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    This is my one and only bike. I've had it since I was a teenager. Anyone who has ever visited the Eastern Shore of Maryland knows it is flat. 6 ft above sea level is probably the highest point on the peninsula. Anyway, I've slowly been converting this over to a beach cruiser type of ride since there aren't any mountains or even hills around.

Attachment 84
    Stylin'! But, doesn't that seat angle...um...hurt a little bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Stylin'! But, doesn't that seat angle...um...hurt a little bit?
    That's what she said!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar

GT Aggressor 3.0

Not an expensive one but perfectly good for everyday cycling and trails. I need to replace those tyres though.
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, SE Custom 24 2012, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

...litespeed rocks!
    got an ocoee as the ultimate weapon.
    it is stiff, light, fast and even when it hits you it sound beautiful....
    never felt to a bike more familar - this must be my one!
    Bavarian Barbarian

grats!
    Bavarian Barbarian

Great pics folks, loving the wide variety of bikes (lots on Titanium bikes too)

thanks Egads for the info, it is on the to do list for us as a family in a couple of years we plan to do the whole east coast, Florida Disney thing and then head over to the west coast (I also surf and want to surf spots like Rincon, Venice Beach etc) so we plan so spend a month away visiting many places including Moab.
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by Mikegarveyblues View Post

GT Aggressor 3.0

Not an expensive one but perfectly good for everyday cycling and trails. I need to replace those tyres though.
    I have one of the "urban" versions, the Zum. Pretty much the same frame, but with a solid fork and 700c wheels. 1x8 wide range drivetrain on mine. Easy to deal with and definitely very capable even on questionable streets. I've no doubt it would do well on hardpack or gravel, but haven't ventured in that direction yet.

It seems like everywhere in metro Atlanta is paved, which is fine with me because the road bike (GT GTR Series 3) is a lot of fun and I can still get some great scenery without too much interaction with traffic.

--Garrett--

Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    I have one of the "urban" versions, the Zum. Pretty much the same frame, but with a solid fork and 700c wheels. 1x8 wide range drivetrain on mine. Easy to deal with and definitely very capable even on questionable streets. I've no doubt it would do well on hardpack or gravel, but haven't ventured in that direction yet.

This sort of thing would be what I would want to get, and admittedly have been talking about getting for several years now... but have yet to pull the trigger.

I used to have a Nishiki mountain bike with really big monster tires I think they were called. I don't really remember any more. I gave it to my roommate when I left Virginia for Arizona. When I moved here, I had a 1991 Toyota pickup with a camper shell. I fit my guitar rig, an old dresser and a few boxes in the back, and hit the road, left a lot behind. That was 15 years ago, still don't have a bike.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    This sort of thing would be what I would want to get, and admittedly have been talking about getting for several years now... but have yet to pull the trigger.

I used to have a Nishiki mountain bike with really big monster tires I think they were called. I don't really remember any more. I gave it to my roommate when I left Virginia for Arizona. When I moved here, I had a 1991 Toyota pickup with a camper shell. I fit my guitar rig, an old dresser and a few boxes in the back, and hit the road, left a lot behind. That was 15 years ago, still don't have a bike.
    Do it, man! I think a hybrid is a good compromise for a general-use bike. Faster than a mountain bike on the street, but more relaxed than a racing bike, and you can take it places you wouldn't dare on the drop-bar roadie.
    --Garrett--

DGT Club Vice President

Goofy shot my Dad took when I stopped by their house last year. It's an '08 Gary Fisher.

Shawn...I had the EXACT same Peugeot bike! Too funny, I got it in '87! Great taste.

mgd

DGTs

Diamondback Response. Got out on the trail for a quick 16 yesterday - first time this year. Fraught with equipment issues - new helmet doesn't fit over headband. Cadence magnet - gone. Computer was set to kilometers.

Still fun.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

well, I used to have a BMX when I was a kid/teen ager. I used to live in Rio de Janeiro and ride a bike to do all my stuffs. Never had a good bike. This one below is the ride I have for the last 17 years.

Caloi 100 Ibira por aduayer, no Flickr

Caloi 100 Nite Ride por aduayer, no Flickr

Caloi 100 por aduayer, no Flickr

then I moved to Sao Paulo and stopped riding (the traffic here is insane) and gain so much weight. Then, 5 months ago, I started to ride at night with my old bike and having fun, etc. But the old bike wasn't helping me, so I got an other bike and this one is so high end (my friends says it's a PRS on 2 wheels) that it pushes me to ride it everyday. I lost some weight (don't know how much), but the thing I am happy with is how better I am feeling.

this is my new babe when I was riding with it last week in Rio de Janeiro (Rio and bike are meant to be)

Ignite Barra da Tijuca por aduayer, no Flickr

and this one I took yesterday, here in Sao Paulo

Ignite Pinheiros por aduayer, no Flickr

and yeah, it's tough to spend so much money in something that's not a guitar and to postpone my 408MT and DG30 amp. but that's another story and thread...lol

Great shots of the new bike Duayer! Is that a bike trail that runs along side the river in SP? I can imagine riding around Lagoa in Rio would be a very nice ride too.

Great shots of the new bike Duayer! Is that a bike trail that runs along side the river in SP? I can imagine riding around Lagoa in Rio would be a very nice ride too.
    Agreed. And I hear you loud and clear. It's rough to budget in things that aren't PRS GAS related.
    Plank Owner

Riding in Lagoa is sweet. But at the beach there's a bike trail and is also awesome.
    and yes, that is a bike trail that runs along side the Pinheiros River.

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Agreed. And I hear you loud and clear. It's rough to budget in things that aren't PRS GAS related.
    What I like about this forum here, is I can find people that I understands my pain and joy...lol

I'll have to grab some pics. I've got a Giant Rincon mountain bike and a Trek 1220 road bike. The road bike gets most of the riding time.

Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    Riding in Lagoa is sweet. But at the beach there's a bike trail and is also awesome.
    Riding the bike at the beach makes me think of Three's Company.

When I was young I rode a road bike daily, and put on a lot of miles. I even raced a road bike in the early 70s (lost a lot).

But I haven't ridden in 10 years. I really need to get back into it.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I picked up my bike about a year and a half ago, one of the best decisions I've made while living in Boston. As a student living downtown (by necessity, not by choice), it's way too expensive to have a car. With my bike, I can buzz all over the city and get some exercise while I'm at it. I ride it every day to school, weather permitting.

This is my Trek roadbike:

My girlfriend and I take some nice rides across the New England countryside

A beautiful day in Gloucester

ALWAYS stop for ice cream.

After your ride, make sure to have a beer!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab