Thread: 2013 Thank You Event and Experience Sweepstakes

2013 Thank You Event and Experience Sweepstakes

http://www.prsguitars.com/summer2013

Get Free Strings for a Year with the purchase of PRS and PRS SE gear and be entered to win a trip for two to Experience PRS 2013!

Cool!
    One Life

Well that sucks! I bought my guitar two months too early. Oh well. I'm going to put my name in for the Experience Sweepstakes though.
    2012 SE Custom 24

Sweet!
    Plank Owner

FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question which will be administered at a mutually convenient time by Sponsor or its agent.

What's up with the pop algebra quiz if you're a Canadian? Is this a PRS thing or something Canada does to keep people from playing sweepstakes for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS: Before being declared a winner, a selected entrant who is a resident of Canada must correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question which will be administered at a mutually convenient time by Sponsor or its agent.

What's up with the pop algebra quiz if you're a Canadian? Is this a PRS thing or something Canada does to keep people from playing sweepstakes for a living?
    It is a Canadian law. Some twisted mind decided long long ago that people couldn't be given something for nothing. However, if they demonstrate some skill, they can 'win' anything.

Some creative online searching turned up the math question for our Canadian friends:

If a 408 leaves Mississauga heading east at 62 kilometers per hour, and a 513 leaves Dildo* heading west at 47 kilometers per hour, how many members of the Kids In The Hall would do guest shots on that week's "Rick Mercer Show"?
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    It is a Canadian law. Some twisted mind decided long long ago that people couldn't be given something for nothing. However, if they demonstrate some skill, they can 'win' anything.
    Ahh.....

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    Got the envelope ready to mail in. I hope I'm eligible--I bought my Brent Mason model on May 28!

Very cool of PRS to do this again! Time to consider adding another to the stable...

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    Just got an e-mail stating that I'm not eligible for the package. I bought the guitar four days early! Not a big deal--I didn't get the guitar to get free stuff, I got it because I dug the guitar! (Brent Mason model)

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    See lyrics "Something for Nothing" Lyrics by Peart, music by Lifeson and Lee

Got my strings last week. Whee!

Thanks PRS!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Alan,
    How long did it take you to get your strings? (and how close are you to Maryland?!?)

Just wondering - I have ALOT of sets of strings due to me!
    Last edited by mapleleaf14; 08-30-2013 at 06:38 AM.

2-3 weeks, I think. I got the guitar at the beginning of June, but I didn't send the form in right away.

And Maryland and I aren't really close any more, we just keep up appearances for the kids.

Oh, you meant geographically...

I'm in western PA - about 4.5 hours from the factory. Which is about 4.4 hours too many!
    Alan

I just dropped mine in the mail today... and I live 70 miles from the Factory... Will let you know how long it takes.

Mine came within a couple of weeks. How cool!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

My turnaround time, 5 days.

Thank you PRS!!!

Well, I think I finally have received all my free strings from the 2013 Thank You Package!

Not counting 24 sets that I sold, this is what I have now. I wish I would have gotten a lot more of the DGT sets and less of the .10's now though - I'm LOVING my 3 DGT guitars and the DGT strings on them!
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal