Thread: Got an SE custom semi hollow.

Got an SE custom semi hollow.

I bought mine about a week ago and I'll eventually post pics later on. It plays great and is a good value. I have some people telling me I wasted my money and should've got a used USA one.

Nah you did not waste your money. The SEs are very good instruments. I had owned one and now my boy has one. I believe it will inspire you to do what you can to save for a USA one some day. what I thought may be a cool mod for those semi hollow bodies is intall the PRS USA starla pickups and the USA drop in 3 way push/pull tone. that could really make it a special guitar. even after those mods you still have a very reasonably priced guitar with a bit of added mojo.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

The advisers who told you that, so they own both types of PRS?
    I would guess not.

I have USA PRSs and had them first. I just got an SE. It is a fantastic guitar by any and every measure and I dont believe it is an exceptional example of the SE line.
    I did NOT waste my money and if you like your...YOUR SE, not THEIRS, then no, you did not waste your money.....either.
    Now let's see some pics of that thing!!

I had two USA models, but had to sell them and probably will never be able to afford one again. College tuition isn't cheap so I used the money towards that. The SE tops are impressive and I think my friends felt I paid too much $720 for it. It plays great but I did see some Santana's going for $500 new on some sites.

Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    Nah you did not waste your money. The SEs are very good instruments. I had owned one and now my boy has one. I believe it will inspire you to do what you can to save for a USA one some day. what I thought may be a cool mod for those semi hollow bodies is intall the PRS USA starla pickups and the USA drop in 3 way push/pull tone. that could really make it a special guitar. even after those mods you still have a very reasonably priced guitar with a bit of added mojo.
    That's a very good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by bluestormz View Post
    I had two USA models, but had to sell them and probably will never be able to afford one again. College tuition isn't cheap so I used the money towards that. The SE tops are impressive and I think my friends felt I paid too much $720 for it. It plays great but I did see some Santana's going for $500 new on some sites.
    You might be able to afford a USA model again after school - if you feel the need for one. An education is a good choice for the money now. You got a nice guitar for a price you were comfortable with. That's all that matters. Enjoy.

PRS Product Support Manager
    Congrats! The SE Custom Semi Hollow is one of favorite PRS guitars. Enjoy!

I don't believe you wasted your money. Those are very cool guitars, better than a lot of what's out there especially at that price point.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

One of my all time favorite PRSi is the SE Semi-hollow soapbar......

Good buy.
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Thanks guys. I'm enjoying it, gonna mod it a bit. I'll get the pigtails bridge for it eventually and locking tuners.

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    One of my all time favorite PRSi is the SE Semi-hollow soapbar......
    +1 much love for the SE Semi Soapy!
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers (incoming)