Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member, NGD and... can I see your 305?

New Member, NGD and... can I see your 305?

Hi, everyone!

Quick Intro:
    I'm Lucas, 26, from Long Island, NY. I've owned a number of Gibsons in the past, I currently own a Fender American Telecaster Special and now... a PRS 305!

The Guitar:
    It's a NOS 2010 305 with rosewood fretboard in the (Antique?) White finish with the Wide Fat neck. It has some interesting inlays that I've only seen on 2010 models. I've heard they're made of bamboo. Can anyone confirm this?

I bought it from Moore Music in Evansville, IN. It was originally a rep guitar that just never ended up selling. They were really easy to deal with and flexible with the pricing so I was able to get it at a STEAL of a price! Very happy about that.

But perhaps the best part of all is that shortly after making the purchase, Paul Reed Smith himself came to their store for a meet and greet and signed the backing plate for the controls! Better yet, Moore Music's PRS rep was even able to get a replacement one (which was hard for me to locate, because the 305 plate is rather irregular when compared to other models.) Talk about customer service! Now I don't have to worry about the autograph wearing off. They even snapped a picture of Paul with the guitar before shipping it out!

But before I share the pictures (because what good is a thead like this without pictures?) I have to give a big thanks to Moore Music, their PRS rep, and Paul Reed Smith (I'm not certain if he reads these, but if he does, awesome!)

Anyway, here are some quick pictures I snapped with my phone. I apologize for the quality, I'll try to borrow a decent camera later on and snap some better ones along with me playing it.

So now that you've seen mine, let me see yours!

Cool 305! I like 'em with the 513 birds.
    One Life

Really nice guitar!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Always bet on blanc.

Here's mine! Great guitar, bought very much on impulse (love at first sight) and has since turned me on to single coils. Powder blue with the most deep chocolate fret board I've seen. Looks good enough to eat!
    PRS DGT Solana Burst, PRS Paul's Dirty 100 #33, Gibson ES-333 w/PRS 59/09's, Ibanez S1520 w/P90's & a Kemper.

305 in white looks killer! Congrats.
    Here's mine...

2001 PRS McRosie Violin Amber Sunburst Abalone birdies
    2008 PRS Mira Vintage Orange with old MOP birdies
    2009 PRS 305 Tri Colour Burst
    2009 PRS SE ONE autographed by Dweezil Zappa
    2011 PRS H combo amp

I really like the tone of the 305....That white one is sweet!

I didn't buy one.....until I saw a PS at the PRS Experience 2 yrs. ago.

I had a weak moment and ripped out my Visa card.

Calling woundtight. 305 please. That guitar is insane!
    Plank Owner

Thanks, everyone! I can't put it down. The quality is outstanding! Better than any guitar I've ever owned and better than the majority of what I've played. I only say 'majority' because I can't remember them all, but I'm pretty sure it would take the cake anyway.

Definitely a PRS fan for life after this one! Now all I have to do is save up for something with soapbars. Hmm...

By the way, I love the finish on yours, dmatthews.

(Gosh, aren't emoticons fun?)

Nice 305. Trying to post an image of my 305 but I'm waiting on a mod to "review" my post.

Let's try again.
    PRS DGT Solana Burst, PRS Paul's Dirty 100 #33, Gibson ES-333 w/PRS 59/09's, Ibanez S1520 w/P90's & a Kemper.

This one is awesome, I was playing it yesterday. Snappy sounding, but not too bright. 25.5 scale, big fat Flame Maple Neck and Ebony Fretboard.
    I might have to do 25.5 scale length on my next PS build. Maybe a '305' with 408/siggy electronics?

Is there some rule where you cannot post images until you have so many posts? I go to add a photo and my post disappears. Would love to add a photo of my 305 to this thread Mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Woundtight View Post
    This one is awesome, I was playing it yesterday. Snappy sounding, but not too bright. 25.5 scale, big fat Flame Maple Neck and Ebony Fretboard.
    I might have to do 25.5 scale length on my next PS build. Maybe a '305' with 408/siggy electronics?

305gasm...
    2001 PRS McRosie Violin Amber Sunburst Abalone birdies
    2008 PRS Mira Vintage Orange with old MOP birdies
    2009 PRS 305 Tri Colour Burst
    2009 PRS SE ONE autographed by Dweezil Zappa
    2011 PRS H combo amp

Woundtight, that thing is absolutely stunning! Got any more pictures? Maybe of the back and neck?

Welcome aboard! Great looking guitar!

Here the one that used to be mine before I sent it back to Ang...

(DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by UnderPRSt View Post
    Woundtight, that thing is absolutely stunning! Got any more pictures? Maybe of the back and neck?

Here's mine...

"He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Man, I thought mine looked fantastic. I now see it's plebeian. And sorry for the double photo post. Some great looking stuff here!

Quote Originally Posted by Woundtight View Post

Wow!!! What color is that???

Gosh, all this 305 talk makes me want to dig out my G&L nighthawk!!!!

Would prs make a custom scale if a person requested that for a build?