Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member, NGD and... can I see your 305?

Quote Originally Posted by Woundtight View Post
    This one is awesome, I was playing it yesterday. Snappy sounding, but not too bright. 25.5 scale, big fat Flame Maple Neck and Ebony Fretboard.
    I might have to do 25.5 scale length on my next PS build. Maybe a '305' with 408/siggy electronics?

WOW!!! What color is that???

Those 305's are top notch.
    Plank Owner

Fantastic 305's! Mine is boring and purchased with replacement pups (Dimarzio Hotrails) already installed, but it plays and sounds fantastic. I own 5 Fender Strats and they sound totally different compared to my 305 with aftermarket "Strat" pups. The original 305 pups came included with the guitar and I've never played another 305. Should I have them re-installed?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    2013 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist, '14 Custom 24 10Top Floyd, '12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, '09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Suhr, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

That one reminds me of mine...

I took to calling mine "Orca" for some reason - guess the black body with the natural headstock reminds me of a Killer Whale with their white "eye patch" (well, that and the way the guitar just "cuts through" the wash of a band mix) so my wife helped me source the decal to add some interest to it... I love the guitar; I spent years searching for my "perfect strat", and it wasn't until I played a 305 that I found it - the improvements all work for me so well; I ride the volume knob hard, PRS trems have always suited me, and the whole "setneck vs. bolt-on" thing never really bothered me either way. Kinda makes me wish Paul would take a shot at a "T-style"

Quote Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
    Fantastic 305's! Mine is boring and purchased with replacement pups (Dimarzio Hotrails) already installed, but it plays and sounds fantastic. I own 5 Fender Strats and they sound totally different compared to my 305 with aftermarket "Strat" pups. The original 305 pups came included with the guitar and I've never played another 305. Should I have them re-installed?
    I love the 305 pickups! They're very articulate, full sounding single coils and respond really well to the volume control. Get them set to the right height for you (they're very sensitive to height adjustment) and you can run from "classic strat" tones to near balls out old-school Leslie West tones with just the volume and tone controls. If you can live with 60 cycle hum, they're well worth investigating imho. As it wouldn't cost you anything more than some time to try them out, I'd highly recommend it.
    Last edited by Jimi D; 06-21-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cphr3d View Post
    WOW!!! What color is that???
    Electric Whip Cream- Charcoal with a Whitewash back

A little late to the party, but a new addition to the stable...

Here is mine
    WF neck killer tone set the two front pickups all the way down rear all the way up really like it that way !!!

PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others Knaggs Kenai, LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Last edited by David Grantham; 07-18-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    DGT Secretary of Space