Thread: PRS guitar book.

PRS guitar book.

Hey guys, first post here. just wondering if anyone knows if there will be an update to the PRS history book any time soon? The last one was 2007 and before that 2002 so i thought maybe a new one would be due soon. Any info would be helpful thanks.

PS hopefully soon ill have a NGD to post! artist package HBII faded blue jean RW neck. the wait is a killer haha

I have the one from 2007 and it's amazing how many changes there have been since then! So many models no longer exist, so many models have been introduced, so many changes to existing models, three major revisions to the birds, V12, blade switches, vast expansions in the SE line and sig models, acoustic guitars, amps, cabinets... the book would be twice as thick with all the new stuff.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

It's long, long overdue!

Ha! I just got the last edition a few days ago and I thought - wow there's so much more stuff than my 1st edition hard cover copy! Lol. I'm wondering if a new one is on its way cause they were selling these pretty cheap.

There is the _Art of PRS_ book out there. It's not really the same, but it provides a visual stimulus.
    Last edited by cwhenke; 06-05-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Too many and never enough...

Was just thinking...maybe if they do another revision PRS could do a digital book as well. With all the iPads and tablets out there, might be good? I know with magazines I read all mine online and I don't even currently own a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Was just thinking...maybe if they do another revision PRS could do a digital book as well. With all the iPads and tablets out there, might be good? I know with magazines I read all mine online and I don't even currently own a tablet.
    Great idea

PRS Guitar Book info

Hi, well the good news is that work on a new version of the PRS Guitar Book is underway. I did suggest doing it a couple of years ago but my publisher said no! The aim is to publish late in 2014 on the eve of PRS's 30th Anniversary. Unlike previous updates, which just added pages and images to the previous existing txt, the new version will be in a different format - like the recent books on Squier electrics and Ibanez. A lot of the existing book will be condensed then we'll add info on all that's happened since late 2007 - and as you rightly say, there's a lot! We won't be able to include all the photos and spreads in the current book, so that makes it still valid.

I'm hoping too we can supply the book in a digital format - not my decision. I'm also looking into how we can update the information and model key, perhaps via a location on PRS's website, on a regular basis after the publication of the new book.

I'll let you guys know when I get more information on the actual publication date. In the meantime, I'd better fine some time to write it!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by enfilade View Post
    Hey guys, first post here. just wondering if anyone knows if there will be an update to the PRS history book any time soon? The last one was 2007 and before that 2002 so i thought maybe a new one would be due soon. Any info would be helpful thanks.

PS hopefully soon ill have a NGD to post! artist package HBII faded blue jean RW neck. the wait is a killer haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Burrluck View Post
    Hi, well the good news is that work on a new version of the PRS Guitar Book is underway. I did suggest doing it a couple of years ago but my publisher said no! The aim is to publish late in 2014 on the eve of PRS's 30th Anniversary. Unlike previous updates, which just added pages and images to the previous existing txt, the new version will be in a different format - like the recent books on Squier electrics and Ibanez. A lot of the existing book will be condensed then we'll add info on all that's happened since late 2007 - and as you rightly say, there's a lot! We won't be able to include all the photos and spreads in the current book, so that makes it still valid.

I'm hoping too we can supply the book in a digital format - not my decision. I'm also looking into how we can update the information and model key, perhaps via a location on PRS's website, on a regular basis after the publication of the new book.

I'll let you guys know when I get more information on the actual publication date. In the meantime, I'd better fine some time to write it!

Dave
    This is great news Dave!!! Thank you very much for the update, I read the PRS book a few times a year...love it!! Looking forward to the new one!!
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

Great news! I enjoyed the earlier editions and look forward to the next one!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Great news Dave, welcome to the boards! I've enjoyed your book several times over to the point where I find myself finishing sentences in my head before getting to the end of the line. Its truly a great piece of history and enjoyably written!

As for as those interested in both Dave's PRS book and The Art of PRS, keep an eye out for a little something special on the boards later tonight
    Last edited by themike; 06-17-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Dave

Awesome mate, this is good to hear! Thanks for responding.

Dave
    Welcome Dave. And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by themike View Post
    Great news Dave, welcome to the boards! I've enjoyed your book several times over to the point where I find myself finishing sentences in my head before getting to the end of the line. Its truly a great piece of history and enjoyably written!

As for as those interested in both Dave's PRS book and The Art of PRS, keep an eye out for a little something special on the boards later tonight
    What you talking 'bout???
    Plank Owner

HB with rosewood neck experience

Quote Originally Posted by enfilade View Post

hey buddy, can your share your comments?

what it feels/ sound clean situations, overdriven sound??

Quote Originally Posted by cwhenke View Post
    ............it provides a visual stimulus.

Sh*tter's full