Thread: Paul Reed Smith 408 Model with Davy Knowles

Paul Reed Smith 408 Model with Davy Knowles

I was just watching again Paul's and Mike's video of the 408 that was uploaded on May 15th, and after viewing I saw a new 408 video over in the sidebar.

If I sell a kidney or a hunk of liver, can I buy even just half of Davy Knowles' talent??
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Just found a few more vids I had not seen.Who is the guy in the red shirt showing Paul from Guitar World the 408?
    J. Hayes - our fearless product leader from PRS!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Unfortunately Davey identifies the neck carve incorrectly; he says its a Pattern Regular neck. The 408s don't come in Regular... wish they did!
    Last edited by martysnarf; 06-13-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

Then what is the carve beause that's what I thought it was? My 408 came with pattern regular rosewood neck
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    Then what is the carve beause that's what I thought it was? My 408 came with pattern regular rosewood neck
    According to PRS' website, the available neck carves on the 408 are Pattern and Pattern Thin. Pattern Regular is not listed as an option. I'd have one otherwise. Interesting that you have one... I've never seen one. Maybe yours is a one-off?
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    If I sell a kidney or a hunk of liver, can I buy even just half of Davy Knowles' talent??
    It comes standard when you buy the 408. Makes you play exactly like he does.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Knowles shreds that 408. Such a great color too.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Knowles shreds that 408. Such a great color too.
    Davey "Muthaf#$%ng" Knowles (that's my special name for him) should send me his Paul's 28 for safe keeping while he's enjoying that 408.
    One Life

Love my 408 so far
    Wish I could play like that

PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    It comes standard when you buy the 408. Makes you play exactly like he does.
    Calling my Pusherman now...

408 Neck

Quote Originally Posted by south89 View Post
    When I ordered my Braz necked 408, Pattern Regular was not a neck carve option. I do believe my 408 formally owned by PRS has the pattern regular neck, but I'm not absolutly sure.