Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 201

Thread: \m/ pickups are here, \m/ pickups are here

  1. #181
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I like the horns being thrown in the reflection.
    That's Mike in our parts departement. Give him a call if you'd like to order a set.

  2. #182
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    5,616
    Still looking for the right PTC guitar. I need some \m/'s on the name alone.
    Plank Owner

  3. #183
    Name Manglin' Putz alantig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    That's Mike in our parts departement. Give him a call if you'd like to order a set.
    We can order a set of those horns?

    Alan

    "I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

  4. #184
    Looks like there's a box waiting for Saleeba when he gets home.
    One Life

  5. #185
    Senior Member south89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hagerstown,MD
    Posts
    502
    I just confirmed a set being put in my Private Stock baby. It can't get done soon enough
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

    1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

  6. #186
    i believe i will put my set in the CE that is waiting on my stoop \m/
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

  7. #187
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    724
    Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    i believe i will put my set in the CE that is waiting on my stoop \m/
    You won't be sorry!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

  8. #188
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,707

    Skitchy music for Skitchy people

    Skitchy's band Eight Ball Hemorrhage, recently recorded a new tune. He used the Mira X with a single\m/ pickup for all guitar parts, but did add a little bit of 12 string action in there as well.

    Check it out, it's a kick ass tune.

    http://soundcloud.com/james-skitchy-...a-demo/s-1hObf

  9. #189
    Almost was a FG22 owner.. WEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Too close to the casinos in CT.........
    Posts
    1,728
    That tune pandora was cool, made me think of the B52's a little when it stared.
    ​Secretary of Crackwood Addiction

  10. #190
    Senior Member Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    381
    I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?

  11. #191
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?
    I used a hfs in the same guitar I put my \m/ pickup in(McCarty standard). The hfs is more saturated sounding where the \m/ treble is more ballsy and tighter sounding and the highs are a little smoother but still very well defined. Overall I find the \m/ to be punchier, a little less compressed sounding with good definition. That's what me ears are hearing anyway.

  12. #192
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,707
    Quote Originally Posted by WEDGE View Post
    That tune pandora was cool, made me think of the B52's a little when it stared.
    Kind of reminded me of Joy Division. Skitchy has a pretty broad and diverse music collection, so it doesn't surprise me that he also creates a lot of different kinds of music.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?
    The \m/ pups are not covered HFS. They have similar outputs, but that's about it.

  13. #193
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    753
    just installed a set of \m/ in a Single Cut Satin AP. didn't have much time to really tested it, but the \m/ neck just got me. so far the 5909 was my favorite neck pick up, but looks like the \m/ one is even better. will try it again this week

  14. #194
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Skitchy's band Eight Ball Hemorrhage, recently recorded a new tune. He used the Mira X with a single\m/ pickup for all guitar parts, but did add a little bit of 12 string action in there as well.

    Check it out, it's a kick ass tune.

    http://soundcloud.com/james-skitchy-...a-demo/s-1hObf
    digging the tune very much

  15. #195
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,451
    Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    just installed a set of \m/ in a Single Cut Satin AP. didn't have much time to really tested it, but the \m/ neck just got me. so far the 5909 was my favorite neck pick up, but looks like the \m/ one is even better. will try it again this week
    Aw sh!t Alex, don't tell me that! I only bought a treble pickup. The 5909 is my favorite neck pickup as well(sometimes 5708 depending on the day).

  16. #196
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    27
    Quick question - can these be used as replacements in an SE Torrero albeit with some adjustment as EMGs are a bit different to install? I would love a Torero to add to the collection but put either Dimarzios or PRS metal approved pups in it!

  17. #197
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    2,451
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Lister View Post
    Quick question - can these be used as replacements in an SE Torrero albeit with some adjustment as EMGs are a bit different to install? I would love a Torero to add to the collection but put either Dimarzios or PRS metal approved pups in it!
    Most likely. I think you'd have to get different volume & tone pots since emg's are active pickups.

  18. #198
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Aw sh!t Alex, don't tell me that! I only bought a treble pickup. The 5909 is my favorite neck pickup as well(sometimes 5708 depending on the day).
    now I installed a neck \m/ on my tremonti. yes, for me, it's the best neck pick up PRS makes. lots of definition and articulation, right amount of bass and to my taste, is a perfect match for the Tremonti bridge, witch I love. Still love my 5909 neck on my SCHB.
    happy face before installation

    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

    you can't see my face, but after the installation, I am happier then before...lol

    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr


    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

  19. #199
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,707
    Let it Rock

  20. #200
    Narrowfield P'kup Hoarder HANGAR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    635
    I'm going to have to buy another PRS guitar just so I can put a set of these pickups in it.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •