Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 181 to 199 of 199

Thread: \m/ pickups are here, \m/ pickups are here

  1. #181
    Looks like there's a box waiting for Saleeba when he gets home.
    One Life

  2. #182
    Senior Member south89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hagerstown,MD
    Posts
    533
    I just confirmed a set being put in my Private Stock baby. It can't get done soon enough
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

    1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye

  3. #183
    Senior Member watelessness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    i believe i will put my set in the CE that is waiting on my stoop \m/
    (513 x 2 / McShootout / DGT / DC 245 Ted / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Standard / SAS / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon 100, Archon 25, C, H, Dallas}

  4. #184
    Senior Member Chris528's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    i believe i will put my set in the CE that is waiting on my stoop \m/
    You won't be sorry!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY, SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, RANDALL DIAVLO RD20, RANDALL DIAVLO RD1, BLACKSTAR HTR1

  5. #185
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907

    Skitchy music for Skitchy people

    Skitchy's band Eight Ball Hemorrhage, recently recorded a new tune. He used the Mira X with a single\m/ pickup for all guitar parts, but did add a little bit of 12 string action in there as well.

    Check it out, it's a kick ass tune.

    http://soundcloud.com/james-skitchy-...a-demo/s-1hObf

  6. #186
    Almost was a FG22 owner.. WEDGE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Too close to the casinos in CT.........
    Posts
    2,070
    That tune pandora was cool, made me think of the B52's a little when it stared.
    ​Secretary of Crackwood Addiction

  7. #187
    Senior Member Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    399
    I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?

  8. #188
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?
    I used a hfs in the same guitar I put my \m/ pickup in(McCarty standard). The hfs is more saturated sounding where the \m/ treble is more ballsy and tighter sounding and the highs are a little smoother but still very well defined. Overall I find the \m/ to be punchier, a little less compressed sounding with good definition. That's what me ears are hearing anyway.

  9. #189
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by WEDGE View Post
    That tune pandora was cool, made me think of the B52's a little when it stared.
    Kind of reminded me of Joy Division. Skitchy has a pretty broad and diverse music collection, so it doesn't surprise me that he also creates a lot of different kinds of music.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I notice the resistance on the treble is the same as the HFS. Is it a covered HFS, or is there more to it than that?
    The \m/ pups are not covered HFS. They have similar outputs, but that's about it.

  10. #190
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    796
    just installed a set of \m/ in a Single Cut Satin AP. didn't have much time to really tested it, but the \m/ neck just got me. so far the 5909 was my favorite neck pick up, but looks like the \m/ one is even better. will try it again this week

  11. #191
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Skitchy's band Eight Ball Hemorrhage, recently recorded a new tune. He used the Mira X with a single\m/ pickup for all guitar parts, but did add a little bit of 12 string action in there as well.

    Check it out, it's a kick ass tune.

    http://soundcloud.com/james-skitchy-...a-demo/s-1hObf
    digging the tune very much

  12. #192
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,755
    Quote Originally Posted by aduayer View Post
    just installed a set of \m/ in a Single Cut Satin AP. didn't have much time to really tested it, but the \m/ neck just got me. so far the 5909 was my favorite neck pick up, but looks like the \m/ one is even better. will try it again this week
    Aw sh!t Alex, don't tell me that! I only bought a treble pickup. The 5909 is my favorite neck pickup as well(sometimes 5708 depending on the day).

  13. #193
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    30
    Quick question - can these be used as replacements in an SE Torrero albeit with some adjustment as EMGs are a bit different to install? I would love a Torero to add to the collection but put either Dimarzios or PRS metal approved pups in it!

  14. #194
    Senior Member vchizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,755
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Lister View Post
    Quick question - can these be used as replacements in an SE Torrero albeit with some adjustment as EMGs are a bit different to install? I would love a Torero to add to the collection but put either Dimarzios or PRS metal approved pups in it!
    Most likely. I think you'd have to get different volume & tone pots since emg's are active pickups.

  15. #195
    Senior Member aduayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    796
    Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Aw sh!t Alex, don't tell me that! I only bought a treble pickup. The 5909 is my favorite neck pickup as well(sometimes 5708 depending on the day).
    now I installed a neck \m/ on my tremonti. yes, for me, it's the best neck pick up PRS makes. lots of definition and articulation, right amount of bass and to my taste, is a perfect match for the Tremonti bridge, witch I love. Still love my 5909 neck on my SCHB.
    happy face before installation

    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

    you can't see my face, but after the installation, I am happier then before...lol

    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr


    Sem título por aduayer, no Flickr

  16. #196
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,907
    Let it Rock

  17. #197
    ...a TWISTED SISTER pin?! HANGAR18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    925
    I'm going to have to buy another PRS guitar just so I can put a set of these pickups in it.
    MEGADETH - METALLICA - JUDAS PRIEST - IRON MAIDEN - SLAYER - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - TED NUGENT - AC/DC - TWISTED SISTER - KISS - CHEAP TRICK - ZZ TOP - ALICE COOPER

  18. #198
    Junior Member growboxguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    12
    I just picked up a 2001 CE-22 with PRS Metal Pickups in it for $1100 to my door, I cant wait for it to arrive!!

  19. #199
    Rockin' the D! Deli6505's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    16
    https://soundcloud.com/angrydeli72/submersed-mix-4

    This will be a huge thread bump I know, but here it is anyway. Just wanted to post a SoundCloud file of a demo I made at home of a \m/ in the bridge of my DGT played through a Peavey 6505+, using the crunch, lead and clean channels. The clean was used with a Black Label Chorus and TC Electronic Flashback X4. The crunch and lead channels had no front end boosting.
    Last edited by Deli6505; 08-16-2015 at 06:23 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •