Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck in Indy

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    No idea how I missed that. Vintage tuners WERE a deal breaker for me. Now it looks like I am good to go. Commence the buying.
    Plank Owner

When I said vintage, I meant the kluson style tuners on McCartys, Teds, etc. I don't like the Gotohs. I'd prefer something like the Phase III design.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

I'm pretty sure I'd make a version of the Schon with a 2 piece bridge. I'd make Hans' jazz box, too. In fact, I'd make a version of Han's jazz box with a Bigsby option.

The piezo would return to being an option on the HBII and SCHBII.

Guitarists would have to pass a test to buy a PRS. Metal players would be issued ESPs.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I'd also bring back the Arch Top.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Guitarists would have to pass a test to buy a PRS. Metal players would be issued ESPs.
    Eh?
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Whaaaaaaat!

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    Initiate the "Forum Members Work For Guitars" (FMWFG) program, whereby we could all give of our time, and earn Guitar Points (GPs) toward accessories, parts, production model guitars, etc.
    1990 CE24 MT | 1991 CU24 | 1991 CE24 | 1992 CE24 MT
    1993 STD 24 | 1997 CE24 3pc MT | 2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar
    2011 SE Akesson | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 S2 Mira | 2013 Hollowbody II
    2013 CU24 Swamp Ash Limited | 2014 SE Zach Myers (incoming)

Quote Originally Posted by CantankerousCarl View Post
    Initiate the "Forum Members Work For Guitars" (FMWFG) program, whereby we could all give of our time, and earn Guitar Points (GPs) toward accessories, parts, production model guitars, etc.
    Sign me up quick. I push a broom like a boss.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodicus View Post
    Whaaaaaaat!

Yup. PRSes would no longer be sold. They would be licensed.

The license would be revoked as soon as it was discovered that the player's music went "GUZZZ GUG GUG GUG GUZZZZZXXXXXZZZZZZZZ GUZ GUZZZ GUZ GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZ GUZ GUZZZ GUZ" instead of "SWEEEEEEET SWANG TWANG SWANG SWWWWWEEEEEEEEEET SWANG WEEDLE DEEDLE".

It'll say that right at the point of sale.

Anyone in pretend vampire makeup making an angry face in sunglasses will automatically have the license revoked before even playing a note.

Except for this guy, who would get a free guitar no matter what he did:

Last edited by LSchefman; 06-11-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I don't really feel that way about metal, by the way.

I like any genre done well.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Let's say you ran PRS for a day. What would you do (besides giving Shawn a raise) and why?
    I'd take the sales staff out to breakfast...biscuits, gravy, bacon, sausage, waffles, eggs, hash browns (crispy). Then I'd take the production staff out to lunch...Mexican...enchiladas, beans, rice, queso with chorizo. Then I'd take the PS department to dinner...greek...gyros, saganaki, Keo, spanikopita, souflaki. Then I'd head back to the factory and totally destroy the executive bathroom!

Last edited by Boogie; 06-12-2013 at 07:50 AM.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+