Thread: NGD!

NGD!

Whee!

This is something I never thought I'd be able to wrap my head around, but I talked a little w/Skitchy last year and played around with one and I started to think "well..maybe..." I may have talked to Mike a bit, too, but I don't remember.

Anyway, couple weeks after Experience, I was thinking about it again, and suddenly the idea clicked in my head and I said, "Duh, it's so obvious!" Yeah, well that was 8-9 months ago, and whatever that idea was, it seems to be mostly gone. But I'll get it back.

The main thing is, my GAS for this never quite went away, so thanks to a gift certificate deal w/Sweetwater, I now have this:

SE 7-string in Royal Blue.

Props to Tony Dayton at Sweetwater. Phone call to in my hands was about 21 hours - and that's delivered from Indiana to Pennsylvania.

And I finally get to participate in the Thank You package deal! Speaking of which - does anyone know if 9.5s are included in that? It's a tossup between those, 10s and DGTs.

The gift certificate deal - for Father's Day weekend, they were adding 10% to any certificate. I did the math in my head, and couldn't quite get to the exact dollar figure, but I got to within $2 of the price, which I figured I'd just charge. When Tony was writing up the deal, he asked how much was on the certificate, and I laughed and said, "Are you ready for this?" I told him the amount, and he started laughing, then said, "Okay, so for the rest...", laughed again and said, "Ah, screw it. I'm giving you the two bucks!"

I had the certificate come from my wife - I was going to add some derogatory message like "Why do you keep doing this? You're not getting any better and this won't help!", but ultimately decided not to. Maybe next time!

And the beauty of telecommuting part time - I can go down and plug it in now! And play right away, because it was in tune when I took it out of the bag.

Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

That is a sweeeet guitar! Nice grab. Tone report please!

Awesome score. Low B and beyond is a great thing. Here's to some serious chunk-age.
    Plank Owner

congrats!

Nice!

Hooray!
    One Life

Wow, this is so wierd - you're telling me people wanted a 7 string? WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN, PRS..... WHO WOULD HAVE EVER KNOWN?

Congrats man, the SE7 is ridiculous! Let us know what you think after you get to jam her out for a while.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Very nice!
    You're gonna love it.
    HNGD!
    Not like the other kids...

Great score Alan!!
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Pop the champagne! Congrats!

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Got to spend a nice 30 minutes with it at lunch.

3Mike7 -> Mini Metal Muff -> 2 channel C = WOOF!!!

Oh, that open position B with the low string...suh-weet! And no more down tuning if I randomly throw on War Machine to play to - very easy to switch that to playing in Eb on this beast.

But man, that fretboard is wide for my chubby little hands! You wouldn't think one string would make that much difference! My hand was getting tired for a while until I switched positions. Just like s...never mind!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Got to spend a nice 30 minutes with it at lunch.

3Mike7 -> Mini Metal Muff -> 2 channel C = WOOF!!!

Oh, that open position B with the low string...suh-weet! And no more down tuning if I randomly throw on War Machine to play to - very easy to switch that to playing in Eb on this beast.

But man, that fretboard is wide for my chubby little hands! You wouldn't think one string would make that much difference! My hand was getting tired for a while until I switched positions. Just like s...never mind!
    Hell yeah buddy, get dat' !

Yeah the neck is a little much right away, but after jamming it a few times you won't even notice it. You should try some of the baseball bat necks other companies have on their 7s - holy cow!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Nice lookin' guitar, Alan, congrats!

I'm going for a 1-string next time.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Sweet.

Very cool. Congrats.

Nice new guitar there

I struggle with six strings so I wouldn't even consider a seventh. Intriguing all the same and I'm wondering if I should try one one day in the future...