Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something Old; Something New

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    ^^ Is that last one Koa? Do you have a link to it's NGD thread? Would love to see some more shots of that!
    Yes it is koa. I can't do links very well from the tiny screen I am using, but you can get to it by looking at threads I started - this would be mid December. Which means I haven't bought a guitar all year.

As always, great thought-provoking thread, Hans. The oldest one I have is the 2007 HBII. The SE Angelus Custom, the Ted, and the Brent Mason all happened within the last couple of months.

(DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    My first, bought from The Guitar Shop in the mid 90s when it was tiny.

my most recent, an unplanned build visiting Brent in the vault

EDIT: to answer taste changing question: My taste hasn't really changed, but 20 years ago I wasn't willing to spend the money on a custom build - mortgage and kids education came first.
    That Koa DGT is monstrous. How I desire one of my own. So very soon.

The PRS I have owned the longest...

The most recent...

I wouldn't say my tastes have changed much. If anything I believe my tastes are converging while I try and maintain some variety on the theme.
    Last edited by jfb; 06-16-2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Plank Owner

I don't think I ever got a proper peep of that headstock on Absinthe! Wicked looking! You have a close up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    I don't think I ever got a proper peep of that headstock on Absinthe! Wicked looking! You have a close up?
    Plank Owner

^^ Phenomenal!! Love that inlay.

So many beautiful guitars on this thread! And cool variety!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Old, per the OP: purchased new in 2004.

Old, per my way of thinking about it: although I actually bought this guitar in 2007 (i.e., after the one pictured above), I played one very much like it in 1986. The '89 version I bought in 1991 never quite measured up but this one does. I would love to have had this one all that time, bit I guess it took 21 years for the right guitar to find me.

New: picked out the wood @ the Wood Library in early 2012, guitar was completed 5/31/12 and delivered shortly thereafter.

As far as any sort of implied representation of how my tastes have changed/evolved, well, I certainly lean toward the McCarty platform in terms of my taste in PRSi -- in 1992, I would have been right there with Mr. Grissom, whispering in Paul's ear, "Duane at the Fillmore! Page at MSG! Make the mahogany slab thicker! Offer a stoptail!" Unlike DG, though, I have a thing for rosewood necks; two of the three guitars here sport them, as does my newest and most favoritest guitar, which is not a PRS. (although it is essentially based on the PRS double-cutaway platform)

Quote Originally Posted by kingsleyd View Post

That color with that top is insane!!! Not to subtle, not to over the top.....PERFECT!! WOW!!

Bottom: My oldest... a 2006 PS Artist 3 chambered with trem and Brazilian RW neck and fingerboard in Turquoise

Top: My newest. a 2013 PS Artist 3 Semi hollow with trem and mahogany neck/ebony fretboard in Turquoise.

In between there is another PS Artist 3 semi hollow with trem and Indian Rosewood neck and fretboard in....you guessed it...Turquoise!!!

When the shoe fits, you don't change it! (Or something like that.)

Quote Originally Posted by veinbuster View Post
    That natural look is fantastic. I would love to go down that same route myself one day

I ordered my first PRS January of 2012 the week before Namm and received it toward the end of May 2012. It was worth the wait . My First PRS was a 2012 Chris Henderson in Amber Black.

Since then, my tastes have not changed too much, as the most recient accquisition was a 2007 PRS SC250 in Tri-color Burst.

So, my oldest by manufacture is my newest accquisition and visa-versa.

I love the PRS Singlecut body, its very comfortable, the control layout just works right for me, and the scale length feels perfect.
    Last edited by Gnal; 06-20-2013 at 12:57 PM.

CLIMBING VINTAGE PRS MT.
    90 since late 90's

Newest PS#4303 HGB Honduran rosewood neck double wide 408's

Taste hasn't changed as much as it's broadened I think.

Cool idea for a thread. It seems my tastes haven't changed over the past decade.

First - '03 Mac. Last - '10 DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    That color with that top is insane!!! Not to subtle, not to over the top.....PERFECT!! WOW!!
    Funny, though, you didn't like this one so much when I posted clips!

Anyway, here's a photo that shows off the top and the color better. It really is a stunning guitar.

First PRS

First American PRS

Latest PRS, had it for about two weeks now, haven't gotten it in the studio for good shots, waiting to make a few small cosmetic changes
    PRS DGT Solana Burst, PRS Paul's Dirty 100 #33, Gibson ES-333 w/PRS 59/09's, Ibanez S1520 w/P90's & a Kemper.