Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS 4414 arrives.

PS 4414 arrives.

All woods picked by the PRS team using my pics as guidelines. This is the second top I asked for a Quilted top to end all quilted tops. The first time I waited 2.5 years, and they nailed it. This time, I think they went even a little to far for me. Total insanity. I probably would have picked something a little milder, as this one wants to rip your head off with QUILT. How did this guy die? Not sure officer, but it appears the quilt on his guitar sucked him right in and hes just gone. It took a bit of adjustment, but I am truly in love with the guitar. The back, flamed mahogany neck, and ebony fingerboard are to die for, and the guitar is a true lightweight at around 7 Lbs. Thanks to the entire PRS team for getting this done.

That's easily one of the best quilt tops I have ever seen. Congrats, Tag.

I assume it's semi-hollow?
    One Life

Beautiful!
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    Beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    That's easily one of the best quilt tops I have ever seen. Congrats, Tag.

I assume it's semi-hollow?

Thanks guys! Of course!!! Artist 3, semi hollow with trem. Does PRS make any other guitars? This time with an ebony board.

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    This time with an ebony board.
    Wouldn't that make it 10th Anniversary Artist with trem and semi-hollow option?
    One Life

Tag, that is MAGNIFICENT!!! Front, back, and when do we get the obligatory clip?
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

That is a total stunner! The patch of quilt behind the trem kinda looks like the 12th fret bird too, which is a nice touch.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Tag, that is MAGNIFICENT!!! Front, back, and when do we get the obligatory clip?
    Did someone say clip?? Listen to the clarity, and this is NOT my amp of choice. (Its a friends Colby. Nice amp, but not clean enough for me)

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Wouldn't that make it 10th Anniversary Artist with trem and semi-hollow option?
    Hans, I believe you are correct, except I have the artist 3 pau birds and eagle instead of the etched on the 10th, so I guess its a hybrid artist 3 / 10th anniversary!
    Last edited by Tag; 06-14-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Ok, I actually scared my wife with my "Holy S&*(" exclamation when I saw this. That is beautiful.

That is amazing!!!!!!
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Soundin' nice!

This guitar is so sweet! I can't get over how nice and deep the quilt is. The book match is incredible!

Love the way it changes color in differing light and angles. My favorite is the blue hue it has. Wow!

Really amazing! Congrats.

Very nice! Very cool HS veneer.
    Sh*tter's full

Sounds great, Tag! And as always, very nice playing, my friend!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Stunning guitar. Wild and classy all at once. Dig it.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by Tag View Post
    Did someone say clip?? Listen to the clarity, and this is NOT my amp of choice. (Its a friends Colby. Nice amp, but not clean enough for me)
    I'd love to hear that bad-mamma-mamma with a better amp. What you hear on your end isn't translating in the video. At least not on my computer.
    One Life