Thread: NDG - Brent Mason, whitewash

NDG - Brent Mason, whitewash

Made a trade with David Grantham and I landed this whitewashed Brent Mason.

To sum up the tone, I'll say that it is a spanky, snappy, snarling, super Strat killer. I'm assuming that the snarl comes from the korina body, but I could be wrong. The single coil settings are exceptional and the bucker settings round out the versatility. It is just such an aggressive, attacking beast with claws. I love the 408 switching combined with the 5-way. The forearm cutout is a nice touch.
    (513 / P22 / McShootout / DC 245 Ted / DGT / DC22 / Santana / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

Bangin'

Nice, congrats!!
    Ted Club President

Been wondering about these. Nice trade!

Really nice!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

Very cool. I chatted briefly with him about that one. I wish I could have swung the dough. Glad you got it and are digging it. Your evaluation confirms my need for one of these!

Love whitewash!

Those guitars are built to do it all. Excellent example. Congrats.
    Plank Owner

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    A year ago, I got to talk to PRSh about what he had in the works for us Tele players. He showed me a pic on his cell phone of Brent Mason playing what was probably a prototype, wouldn't tell me what the specs were as they hadn't been finalized yet, and advised me to try a DC3. I did--was really impressed; if I'd had the money I'd have bought it on the spot! As it turned out, it was a good thing I couldn't afford it then, as the Brent Mason was announced earlier this year, and with a little help from a tax refund I was able to get one. It looks just like the one at the top of this thread--whitewash, rosewood board--and it's a great guitar; I'm glad I waited. I'll be bringing the backplate to Sweetwater's Gearfest this year--I'd like to get PRSh and Brent Mason to sign it.

Yep, cool looking Strat'o'like Sounds are all important though and it seems you're more than happy with that

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    I don't know that I'd call it very Strat-like, although the combined pickup settings in single-coil mode can certainly suggest that. It's got more midrange and a little less high end than my Strat does, but I've got a pretty bright Strat. I've found the PRS 305 to be closer to a Strat, but it won't do the humbucking sounds--the neck humbucker on my Brent Mason comes as close to a jazzbox as I've ever been able to get from a solidbody. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat the Brent Mason for versatility. The 513 comes close, but I like the single-coil sounds on the Brent Mason better, and I don't really need the heavy humbucker sounds on the 513.

I love the Whitewash finish............................ Congrats Dave!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)