Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: themike missed you all | MEGA-CONTEST OF AWESOME! | 1 of 2 |

Cmon guys, I know more than a handful of people have PRS guitars they care about. Post em' up!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Ok. So a couple of years ago for my birthday, my wife was shopping for a USA PRS for me (unbeknownst to me). She had even signed up on the PRSForums and did some snooping as well as employing the help of some of my friends ont he forum. All of this was taking place without me knowing.

At the same time, I was helping a friend of mine who worked at PRS (as well as his mother and sister) sell a couple of Employee guitars...his mother's and sister's. So I went to his house and played them both and photographed them. Well, I fell in-freaking-love with his mother's HB II. Best guitar I had ever seen or played or heard.

Well, I came home and told Kristi about it. Well, she went and bought that HB II for me and gave it to me for my birthday. I am not into possessions that much, but that guitar is my most prized worldly possession. Period.

- Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Love it Dane.

Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    Ok. So a couple of years ago for my birthday, my wife was shopping for a USA PRS for me (unbeknownst to me). She had even signed up on the PRSForums and did some snooping as well as employing the help of some of my friends ont he forum. All of this was taking place without me knowing.

At the same time, I was helping a friend of mine who worked at PRS (as well as his mother and sister) sell a couple of Employee guitars...his mother's and sister's. So I went to his house and played them both and photographed them. Well, I fell in-freaking-love with his mother's HB II. Best guitar I had ever seen or played or heard.

Well, I came home and told Kristi about it. Well, she went and bought that HB II for me and gave it to me for my birthday. I am not into possessions that much, but that guitar is my most prized worldly possession. Period.
    Awesome story and awesome wife!
    12 408 - 12 DGT - 09 Tremonti II - 98 CU24 - 97 CE22 - Mesa MarkIV - Kemper Profiler Amp - EVH 5150 III - PRS Archon

Dear TheMike
    Although your prize offer is very generous, I must recuse myself from this giveaway. I have taken a Vow of Illiteracy and the book would be useless to me. Besides, I have no idea what a PTC is so my entry would most likely be pathetic. Thanks anyway, looks like you will have a tough decision to make, Lots of Luck.
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by frankb56 View Post
    Dear TheMike
    Although your prize offer is very generous, I must recuse myself from this giveaway. I have taken a Vow of Illiteracy and the book would be useless to me. Besides, I have no idea what a PTC is so my entry would most likely be pathetic. Thanks anyway, looks like you will have a tough decision to make, Lots of Luck.
    A noble exuse and one that will gain you no complaints from me, my friend. PTC is short for "Paul's Tech Center" - the be all end all stop for PRS repairs, adjustments and modifications. If you ever need anything done to your PRS and want it done to Paul's standards and a factory fresh execution, don't waste a second looking elsewhere as they rule!

LAST DAY TO ENTER - CMON, WIN SOME STUFFZ!

It was 2009 and I was in a rut. We've all been there. It wasn't until Mastodon released Crack The Skye and shortly after Converge dropped Axe To Fall that I had a break. I dropped my 7/8 string guitars and bought my first PRS. I had always wanted one, but never pulled the trigger. My love of that guitar and the brand led me to commission my dream guitar years later in 2012. It was my first trip to PRS. Having it built meant the world to me and still does. It's a constant reminder of my journey.

Plank Owner

I was a SE hater!

I was trying to slim down my "rig" and sold off my rack and large cabinets, in the process I got a SE Tremonti in a trade with the intention of selling it off. I was surprised how often I would pick it up and started taking it to rehearsal, Man! I couldn't believe how enjoyable it was to play! I knew that it wasn't true love and I got a lot of grief from the young indie-rock hipsters I was playing with over the Tremonti name on the headstock, but the price, tone, construction, and playability won me over... there was no denying that these could be totally functional "real" guitars, so I set out to find one closer to my CE24; enter the "Fergio" signature model.

I saw an ad on CL from a guy who had an Orianthi SE and practically emailed him everyday for a week. He liked 80's "shredder" guitars, but would take the Tremonti AND another guitar for a trade if I could find something he would like, so I hollered at one of those hipsters I mentioned earlier about that Ibanez RG he had that he was too cool to rock on stage. I worked out a swap with him for the RG under the premise that I could have it if I found him another Strat.

My parts drawer had everything I would need to build him a Strat except the body, so I hollered at another dude from CL about a MIM Strat body and pick guard set that I was able to get for thirty bucks! Bada Bing... put together a Strat in an evening, went and got the RG, cruised over to the dudes house with the Orianthi, and proceeded to sit in the basement at his moms house for like two hours while he hemmed and hawed over our proposed deal. Just when it finally looked like it wasn't gonna happen, I took one last shot, and he said "Yes"!... Sucker! (not really, but I was thrilled!)

I did the usual kitchen sink mod on the guitar, but I still can't believe how much I actually love this guitar! I bring it to sessions and shows, I reach for it all the time when working at home, it makes me money, and much to my surprise I have used it on practically every song on my album. Love, love, LOVE! this guitar.

Oh yeah, and it's SPARKLY!!!!

I'm a day late, but just to sing the praises of PTC, I offer:

I has this ME glossed (refin), frets rounded, and pickups replaced (from the dreaded RPs to brushed gold 59/09s that I sent in), and the PTC did a wonderful job as always.
    Last edited by 11top; 07-02-2013 at 07:31 PM.
    Sh*tter's full