Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: PRS USA Custom 22 & 24 - The Best Looking Guitars We Have Reviewed?

  1. #1
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    2,078

    PRS USA Custom 22 & 24 - The Best Looking Guitars We Have Reviewed?

    Not to often I see PRS vids from The Captain and Chappers.
    They did one on the SE Custom 24 and the SE Tremonti Custom last year, but just a bit ago they uploaded a video of two Maryland made PRSs.


  2. #2
    Senior Member yankeebulldog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    381
    Always entertaining but they could work on their amp micing techniques. They aren't doing any of these brands any favors with some of tones they get on their demos.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

  3. #3
    Senior Member andy474x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    Always entertaining but they could work on their amp micing techniques. They aren't doing any of these brands any favors with some of tones they get on their demos.
    +1
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

    SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

  4. #4
    Junior Member Jon van derlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Devon UK
    Posts
    94

    Fun and informative PRS Review

    What do you think?
    http://youtu.be/-Grz2HShuQc
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    Posts
    207
    I love those Anderton's reviews. Those guys are hilarious, but they also cover a lot of ground in their demos, and they play well too. Entertaining and informative.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Junior Member Jon van derlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Devon UK
    Posts
    94
    Sorry dude I didn't think to check in the general chat bit
    PRS SE Custom 24 in Royal Blue
    Fender Mustang III V2
    Fender Squier Telecaster in Butterscotch Blond
    Stagg Electro Acoustic

  8. #8
    PRS Addiction CoreyT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Auburn, WA. USA
    Posts
    2,078
    I thought they sounded very good on my home computer, but then I have a Logitech Z680 5.1 speaker system hooked up to it.
    They are having some more videos later which I will post to this thread with a Maryland built Custom 24 verses an SE Custom 24, and a 2013 Custom 22 verses a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard.
    The latter one ought to be interesting.
    Also a video of Paul's Guitar.

  9. #9
    Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    175
    Wow, they want me to watch that with commercial breaks or watch a long ad beforehand?

    Are they insane? That video essentially IS a commercial.

    What's hilarious is that the ad it was going to force me to watch beforehand should I have chosen than option was for a competitor. I'm not sure they realise that as YouTube picks the ads, not them.

    Anyway, I'm not watching it if that's the way they are going to play it...
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

  10. #10
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
    What's hilarious is that the ad it was going to force me to watch beforehand should I have chosen than option was for a competitor. I'm not sure they realise that as YouTube picks the ads, not them.

    Anyway, I'm not watching it if that's the way they are going to play it...
    The ad before the video for me was for "5 Gum". The YouTube videos are probably more random than you think.... or geared more towards your personal history, which is a bit more disconcerting.

    BTW, this whole forum is an ad for PRS. That's the way they are playing it.....
    Last edited by rugerpc; 06-19-2013 at 08:22 AM.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  11. #11
    Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    BTW, this whole forum is an ad for PRS. That's the way they are playing it.....
    Yes, but I don't have to sit through ads before accessing the forum, or watch one every time I post. That's what's a bit silly... Anderton's are trying to make money from their YouTube plays themselves, rather than have the videos act as a referral to their website/shop where they will make money from sales. I think more people would be annoyed by that form of advertising rather than benefit from it - and you're right, it's entirely possible that it's serving ads based on what it thinks I'm interested in. So I'm getting an ad for a competitor's website. Unintended consequences!
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

  12. #12

  13. #13
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
    Yes, but I don't have to sit through ads before accessing the forum, or watch one every time I post. That's what's a bit silly... Anderton's are trying to make money from their YouTube plays themselves, rather than have the videos act as a referral to their website/shop where they will make money from sales. I think more people would be annoyed by that form of advertising rather than benefit from it - and you're right, it's entirely possible that it's serving ads based on what it thinks I'm interested in. So I'm getting an ad for a competitor's website. Unintended consequences!
    I went back and watched it again (different clickthrough) and this time got an ad for a movie trailer....

    As for the video itself - considering that it was made and produced by a retail store, I'm missing why you are objecting to them wanting it to generate income for them in whatever fashion....

    As for the forum, you are not forced to watch an ad to post, but I would argue that most of the posts you read are subliminal ads for PRS. By even just hosting the forum, PRS has it's foot firmly depressing every one's GAS pedal. Unless of course, you personally are immune - perhaps you have not seen a single picture of, video of or read a description of a PRS product here that you like.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  14. #14
    Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    175
    Quote Originally Posted by rugerpc View Post
    I went back and watched it again (different clickthrough) and this time got an ad for a movie trailer....

    As for the video itself - considering that it was made and produced by a retail store, I'm missing why you are objecting to them wanting it to generate income for them in whatever fashion....

    As for the forum, you are not forced to watch an ad to post, but I would argue that most of the posts you read are subliminal ads for PRS. By even just hosting the forum, PRS has it's foot firmly depressing every one's GAS pedal. Unless of course, you personally are immune - perhaps you have not seen a single picture of, video of or read a description of a PRS product here that you like.
    They can do whatever they want. I'm not objecting - I just won't watch their video. There are a zillion others on YouTube and there's nothing particularly special about what Andertons do in that arena.

    We are bombarded with advertising all day every day and my time is too precious for tacked-on add-ons like that. I would RATHER spend time on forums interacting with other people who share a common interest. It may still be a marketing channel, yes, but at the very least it's one that we have some say into, and it's not dissimilar from hanging out with like-minded people at the pub discussing mutual interests. My friends might tell me they got a new guitar and it might stimulate my GAS too. Word of mouth is the same no matter what channel it's directed through.
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

  15. #15
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,914
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  16. #16
    Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    175
    Eh? I don't get it.

    I guess you don't do "discussion," you just post GIFs when you can't think of an actual argument?
    Last edited by Whitecat; 06-19-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

  17. #17
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,914
    No - you missed the point I made in the previous post and I decided I'd spent enough time on this.

    I could continue in detail, but that would just make Blackbird post this:

    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  18. #18
    Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    175
    What a bizarre clique going on in this forum...
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

  19. #19
    A♥ hoards guitars A♥ rugerpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    deep in the raspberry...
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitecat View Post
    What a bizarre clique going on in this forum...
    Nothing to do with cliques. Blackbird would be criticizing me, not you.
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

    ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

  20. #20
    Member Whitecat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Surrey / London, UK
    Posts
    175
    Fair enough then, I stand corrected on that point.
    HBII (faded gray black 'double' 10-top), HB12 (black gold), NF3 (antique white/birds), 25th ann. Mira 245 (frost blue metallic), KL1812, Starla (vintage cherry, IRW neck, birds), 2 x 2011 'Stripped' 58 (blue crab blue & goldtop)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •