Thread: Check out my SE Angelus Mods! SE owners check out!

Check out my SE Angelus Mods! SE owners check out!

I have been loving my new SE Angelus Custom. It's a killer guitar. However, I have a soft spot for ebony tuners. All my guitars get them, period. So I started thinking about installing some Phase II's, but I really didn't want to drill new holes. I was researching the Schaller M6 mini's which I've read are drop in replacements, but from I can see only come in black. Black is sort of cheating, I like ebony.

Truth is the stock tuners work perfectly. I really don't see the need for locking tuners, but I wanted the buttons. I just assumed there was no way the ebony buttons I have for Phase II's would fit, they are such different tuners. Low and behold, they fit perfectly!! And so far they operate perfectly!! I couldn't believe it. So in case any of you are wondering, the Stew Mac ebony buttons for Phase II's will fit your SE! I think that's badass, ebony buttons are sweet.

I then decided to switch out a maple truss rod cover I had on my first Custom 22, which had long ago switched to black pup rings, and so the standard cover fit better than the maple. Now this guitar's headstock is just absolutely.... How does Sergio put it? Begging? Or is it bagging? Something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCst22 View Post
    How does Sergio put it? Begging? Or is it bagging? Something like that...
    Bongin' ?

Nah, that's not quite it...
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow - SE Akesson+57/08's - Mira X - SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE 30 Head/Cab

Nice! The truss rod cover is definitely a nice touch.

I love the ebony buttons with an acoustic. And the TRC goes nicely with the color of the top - very cool!
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

liking the TRC......are the buttons still steel?
    PRS SE Zach Myers SemiHollow2014
    PRS SE Angelus Standard w/Piezo
    PRS Santana SE (Custom 22 w/Santana Headstock Inlay)
    Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-ElectricFender Mustang I
    Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy94 View Post
    liking the TRC......are the buttons still steel?
    The buttons are large ebony for schallers you can get from Stew Mac. All my USA guitars get them, and I just assumed if I wanted them on the SE I would have to switch out the tuners. Turns out the buttons will also fit SE tuners.

[QUOTE=ChrisCst22;125355]I have been loving my new SE Angelus Custom. It's a killer guitar. However, I have a soft spot for ebony tuners. All my guitars get them, period. So I started thinking about installing some Phase II's, but I really didn't want to drill new holes. I was researching the Schaller M6 mini's which I've read are drop in replacements, but from I can see only come in black. Black is sort of cheating, I like ebony.

Truth is the stock tuners work perfectly. I really don't see the need for locking tuners, but I wanted the buttons. I just assumed there was no way the ebony buttons I have for Phase II's would fit, they are such different tuners. Low and behold, they fit perfectly!! And so far they operate perfectly!! I couldn't believe it. So in case any of you are wondering, the Stew Mac ebony buttons for Phase II's will fit your SE! I think that's badass, ebony buttons are sweet.

I then decided to switch out a maple truss rod cover I had on my first Custom 22, which had long ago switched to black pup rings, and so the standard cover fit better than the maple. Now this guitar's headstock is just absolutely.... How does Sergio put it? Begging? Or is it bagging? Something like that...
    QUOTE]

ChrisCs22 - did you use the original button screws, or did you use the ones that came with the buttons from StewMac? Thanks.

What He Say!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBRADSHAW View Post
    My stock SE Angelus acoustic delivers the goods...I love it!