Thread: Having a neck reshaped?

Having a neck reshaped?

I have a 305 with a wide fat neck. I love the tone but I struggle with the neck in combination with the longer scale. I'd been offering it up for sale in the hopes that I could move this one to someone who likes bigger necks and purchase another with the pattern thin. I remember reading about someone having a neck reshaped and am curious if it is semi-cost effective vs selling at a huge loss vs. new and the repurchasing another new guitar. I don't have anything special (It's not a PS), just a plain jane powder blue with a beautiful rosewood board. And I've not seen any others like it for sale in a long, long time. Which means I'd most likely have to order another one new.

Thoughs? Thanks in advance!
    Michel
    Last edited by Ape Factory; 06-25-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    PRS DGT Solana Burst, PRS Paul's Dirty 100 #33, Gibson ES-333 w/PRS 59/09's, Ibanez S1520 w/P90's & a Kemper.

For whatever reason 305's seem to take a while to sell, so if you love that color and everything else about it a neck reshape might be the way to go. My CE 22 is at the PTC for the same thing, give Shawn a holler on Monday for a quote!

Send it to Joe Walsh!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Have Joe's phone number? I think getting it reshaped is sort of out of the question due to cost considerations. Going to wait and see if she sells and try to find one with a pattern thin neck.
    PRS DGT Solana Burst, PRS Paul's Dirty 100 #33, Gibson ES-333 w/PRS 59/09's, Ibanez S1520 w/P90's & a Kemper.