Thread: Help have a big resonate ring in the A on my new custom 22

Hybrid View

Help have a big resonate ring in the A on my new custom 22

Has anyone had this problem before? I have a massive resonate ring when you play a A note. I have taken it back to were I bought it but I don't think they should be looking at it. Should it go back to PRS so they can repair it. I bought a custom 22 brand new.

bummer... any idea where it's coming from?
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Trem or stoptail?
    1992 PRS Cu24 Tortoise Shell, "10",Birds, Reg Neck
    2005 PRS 513 Brazilian Rosewood Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzedout View Post
    Trem or stoptail?
    I think we're on the same trail.

Tie a rubber band around each trem spring and try it again.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 06-23-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    One Life

Sorry took so long to get back to you guys. Thanks for all the comments. Sorry I should have been more specific my guitar is a trem, and you don't need to be plugged in the hear the resonate ringing. The place I got it from still has it and I am getting concerned. If something is wrong with the guitar and these boys start messing with it and screw something else up (eg won't stay in tune or something) will I have trouble sending it back to PRS to get fixed? They are suppose to be authorized the work on it but they were not trained at PRS. Very worried it's my first PRS and I don't want anything to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 7826539 View Post
    Sorry I should have been more specific my guitar is a trem, and you don't need to be plugged in the hear the resonate ringing.
    Vibrating trem spring.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    Vibrating trem spring.
    Agreed. And it's simple to solve that if it's the spring that's causing the resonance. You can simply damp it with foam, a piece of rubber, lots of things.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Did you try it with a different amp, just to make sure it's the guitar?

The reason I ask is that I went nuts one day with a resonance in one of my guitars, only to find that I had a microphonic tube that went all crazy at the one note.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 06-22-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

If its an authorized dealer, you should be ok.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab