Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The facial hair thread

Mustache for ages. Patch for the last couple years. This is as close as I get to growing facial hair - I come from a line of males who can't grow decent facial hair. In fact, I saw my great-uncle almost die laughing when my uncle walked in with his approximation of a beard. My great-uncle said something like "It's barely worth the cost of a razor to get rid of that THING." Still have the really long hair for a few more weeks - likely to be cut before Experience and sent off to Locks Of Love.

Experience pic - the pic w/the guitar doesn't show the alleged growth.

Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I have a goatee. That's me wearing the hat.

Last edited by Danerada; 06-25-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    - Dane

He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.

there could be a couple pair of nesting weaver birds in there......
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

and maybe a lamb chop
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

My wife swears she saw a moth fly out of it...
    - Dane

He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.

I prefer a beard because I only have to trim it every two weeks. Lazy? Yes. Busy? Yes.

However, in Phoenix, in the summer? You're insane wearing clothes much less any excess hair. I dislike shaving but beard sweat is further in the dislike category. Therefore staring usually late September/early October, the beard makes its way back onto my face until that magic day sometime in early May that I start to itch.

I mean, seriously, look at this forecast:

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

john, similar experience! when dunking one's beard in the salt river doesnt relieve the itch, it's time to shave
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

I guess technically I'm rocking the Van Dyke but my 'stach doesn't touch the goatee either. I have a lot of grey in my sideburns and beard so I'd look about 15 years older if I went all out. Maybe I'll wait until I at least hit the big 40 before I rock that look.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

Quote Originally Posted by watelessness View Post
    john, similar experience! when dunking one's beard in the salt river doesnt relieve the itch, it's time to shave
    When the Salt "river" looks like this, as it does most of the time (this shot next to the airport):

Dunking your beard in it doesn't offer much relief at all. The part where there's tubing and stuff is a good hour + away.

EDIT: Lots of nice things to look at if you google image search Salt River.
    Last edited by John Beef; 06-25-2013 at 01:49 PM.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    I have a lot of grey in my sideburns and beard so I'd look about 15 years older if I went all out. Maybe I'll wait until I at least hit the big 40 before I rock that look.
    By the time I was finally able to get a full coverage beard happening it had all turned to grey, I'm not so sure I'm ready for that either.

Goatee for me....but I'm a novice compared to our resident expert, Mr. Rada.
    "He's kind of like a bear at a campsite...you think he's cute and kind of want to hug him, but in the end you know he's dangerous and is going to stomp on your tent and eat all your food..." - martysnarf

Van Dyke for me

I have not been clean shaven since 1981 ( good story about that )

PRS Family - SCT, 408, 305, CU22, MEII
    Others LesPaul , Stratocaster , Guild
    Amps - Mesa MK2B , Egnater Tweaker 15
    Effects - Tonal Insanity Guitar Effects ( I make them ) TC Electronics Nova

Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    My wife swears she saw a moth fly out of it...
    LOL, I knew there'd be some good comedy having something to do with your "goat"....does it still only qualify as a goat, if it's as beastly as yours????

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I prefer a beard because I only have to trim it every two weeks. Lazy? Yes. Busy? Yes.

However, in Phoenix, in the summer? You're insane wearing clothes much less any excess hair. I dislike shaving but beard sweat is further in the dislike category. Therefore staring usually late September/early October, the beard makes its way back onto my face until that magic day sometime in early May that I start to itch.

I mean, seriously, look at this forecast:

Yes, I haven't shaved yet...and we never hit those obnoxious temps - Oh, I forgot, it's "dry heat" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider1260 View Post
    I have not been clean shaven since 1981 ( good story about that )

Well, what's the story???

Full beard for about 22 years. I usually keep it fairly short though in Winter I sometimes let it get bushy. I shaved it off once about eight years ago but my kids freaked out, they'd never seen me without it, so I grew it right back.

Mutton chops for almost a decade. Rarely see other people with them.

I need a beard worthy of my Viking blood!
    Plank Owner

I usually have some sort of facial hair thing going on............................ based strictly upon being too lazy to shave!
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

I'm not sure my beard is gonna make it thru the next 9 days I'm off work. I'll probably trim and shave down in stages but, there's always that clean shaven reveal moment. When you seen your whole face for the 1st time in months/years. It's weird. Not sure the world is ready for my ugly mug again.