Thread: Question about P22 pickups

Question about P22 pickups

I forgot to say, I play Rock and H Rock...

Sorry the first part of the post disapeared, so let me write again... I own a 20 anniversary with HFS on treble and Vintage on bass pickups. Now I'm looking for a P22 and the pickups are Treble - P22 TM and Bass - P22 TM. Date - 11/30/2012. So what kind of pickups are those ? Will be so much difference from my 20 anniversary ? I Play Rock and H Rock.... Also some acoustics (this would be a good idea a P22 piezo).

Pickups are 53/10 treble & bass for 2012 model, changed to 57/08s for 2013. The 53/10 are smooth and sweet, but not a particularly hot bridge pup. Hope this helps.

53/10s in my P22 are my current favorite pickups.

Thanks a lot. And comparing with my 20 anniversary (hfs / vintage) ? What do you think ?

53/10's in my P24 Limited are simply great. This guitar has been my number one since I got it last fall.

Quote Originally Posted by lvss View Post
    Thanks a lot. And comparing with my 20 anniversary (hfs / vintage) ? What do you think ?
    One word comparison: clarity! The 53/10s have warmth and depth, but they also have great definition.

Recent owner of a P22 but I've got to say the 53/10s are some of the best I've ever heard, especially the neck pickup.

Love the 53/10's for classic rock. With the single coil tones in addition to the hum bucker tones - I can cover a TON of ground.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!