X:PRS:2013 is rapidly approaching. It's time to start planning the...
(DOWN... down... down...)
The following is event open to forum members only. You need to attend the 2013 Experience if you're going to play. The role of Game Commissioner can be accomplished from anywhere in the world.
1) Teams - You have one week to find a teammate, declare your team name, and announce your team members (in this thread). The window closes at 10PM (MST) on Wednesday, the 3rd of July. Only two people per team. If your teammate fails to show... you're a one-man-show. M'wahahahahaha...
2) Game Commissioner - I am looking for a volunteer to play this role. It needs to be someone with the right skill-set and ability to maintain the brackets/leader-board in this thread throughout the 2-day tournament. This person will need to find a backup (co-commissioner) to help maintain continuity of operations should the lead man fall, fail, or just need a hand accomplishing the task.
I would like to see a 2-day schedule to break it up. We don't want to miss the action planned by Paul. Plus... we need time to trash talk after the 1st day.
The Game Controller may not play in the tournament.
3) Referees - Referees should attend the games in person. The Game Commissioner should schedule Refs against specific games to keep communication clear. Referees have one week to sign up (in this thread). I don't know how many we'll need so lets shoot for 4. The window to sign up as a ref closes at 10PM (MST) on Wednesday, the 3rd of July - or when we have 4 Refs - whichever comes first. The Referees shall be responsible for agreeing on and posting official rules by the 17th of September. A copy of the rules is to be maintained, in hard copy, while the tourney is underway. There is one rule that MUST apply and cannot be changed by anyone - not even the Tournament Director... NO SPINNING!
Referees may not play in the tournament.
4) Master of Ceremonies - I am looking for a volunteer to play this role. The MC's job is simple. Be present for all games and help get the crowd involved. If you wanna be the MC, put your name in the hat. The window closes at 10PM (MST) on Wednesday, the 3rd of July. The MC's job requires some social skills so that role will be decided by popular vote. The Tournament Director will set up the poll after the 4th of July. The polls will be open for 3 days.
The MC may not play in the tournament.
5) Tournament Director (TurD) - This volunteer will take ownership of the entire event (including this thread) and make sure all the cogs are turning in unison. The TurD shall be responsible for communicating with all Foosball Tourney volunteers and documenting them, by name and role, in a single post within this thread. The TurD is individually responsible for proof-reading the brackets (as built by the Game Commissioner) and notifying players and refs of their time slot. The TurD is individually responsible for resolving all problems, as they arise, and generally making sure everything goes well. The MC is the Deputy TurD (McTurD).
The TurD may not play in the tournament.
I own this thread and the fate of the event until a TurD has been selected and his/her name has been posted
right here -----> [RugerPC]. Once that happens, I'm stepping away.
PS: Jesse should design t-shirts. My pal Rocki is our t-shirt source. She does all the PRS shirts too.