Thread: DGT Pick Ups:Circuit or Pick Up?

DGT Pick Ups:Circuit or Pick Up?

Was in a discussion today with someone pretty familiar with PRS and we were discussing whether or not you could drop in a set of 57/08's in a DGT and still have the benefit of the 25% (only) volume drop when tapped?
    In other words is the circuit responsible (I guess like the 408's) or is it simply the pickups and how they are wound?
    Was looking for a way to have a 2nd DGT with a different voice but all the functionality...you know...the cake and eat it too idea.
    Apologies if its been covered but found it tricky to search.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by studio66; 06-29-2013 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by studio66 View Post
    Was in a discussion today with someone pretty familiar with PRS and we were discussing whether or not you could drop in a set of 57/08's in a DGT and still have the benefit of the 25% (only) volume drop when tapped?
    Yes.

DGT Club Vice President
    Oh yes. 57/08s do very well on the DGT platform. Very well and very little volume drop.

mgd

DGTs

Thanks Shawn....I suspect you will be hearing from the party I was having the chat with (a dealer) as he has a Artist DGT I cant seem to keep my mouse from clicking on
    Thanks Mike...my desire to try the 57/08s has been in large part due to reading other posts of yours about it...even back to the BaM days when you first did it...we pm'd briefly about then
    Thanks again to you both!!

Quote Originally Posted by studio66 View Post
    Thanks Shawn....I suspect you will be hearing from the party I was having the chat with (a dealer) as he has a Artist DGT I cant seem to keep my mouse from clicking on
    Thanks Mike...my desire to try the 57/08s has been in large part due to reading other posts of yours about it...even back to the BaM days when you first did it...we pm'd briefly about then
    Thanks again to you both!!