Thread: Glaser Instruments in Nashville ?

Glaser Instruments in Nashville ?

Anyone have experience having a PRS worked on at Glaser Instruments in Nashville ?

I've got a lot of fret wear on a 2008 Custom 24 and figure I'm due for either a fret dressing or full fret replacement. There are many positive reviews around the Net including the fact that Glaser has a Plek machine and do top-notch work for many of Nashville's residents.

I live near Huntsville Alabama which is about an hour and a half drive. Was hoping to find a local shop with PRS experience but I can't find one.

Anyone ever had a PRS worked on by them and do you have an opinion ?
    PRS 2006 Custom 24 20th Anniversary Grey-Black / PRS 2008 Custom 24 Violin Amber Sunburst Quilt
    Roland/Boss GT-100
    Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18 and 1x12 cab

Recovering Bass Player ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! 's Avatar
    Joe Glaser is a legend in the business. He is also involved with PLEK. I can't imagine getting less than stellar support from him.

Don't forget that the PRS Tech Center is also an option.
    One Life

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that a place in Nashville would avoid the shipping time to and from PTC and might be able to get the job done quicker. This is my number 1 guitar!
    PRS 2006 Custom 24 20th Anniversary Grey-Black / PRS 2008 Custom 24 Violin Amber Sunburst Quilt
    Roland/Boss GT-100

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
    This is my number 1 guitar!
    I can't imagine anyone doing it better than the people who made it in the 1st place. Still... we all have a budget.

Might be worth asking them for a quote and doing the math.
    Last edited by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ; 07-01-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that a place in Nashville would avoid the shipping time to and from PTC and might be able to get the job done quicker. This is my number 1 guitar!
    The PTC guys are stellar....Glaser is good as well. If you decide to go the PTC route, I'm sure I have an "Artist Loaner" you can borrow to tie you over. I'm in Madison and know what you're going thru....I'm getting ready to drive to Memphis and spend the day @ Martin Music having a few of mine set-up.
    Last edited by Jet Whitey; 07-01-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    PRS Guitars Endorsee....White and Relic'd Ones !

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    The PTC guys are stellar....Glaser is good as well. If you decide to go the PTC route, I'm sure I have an "Artist Loaner" you can borrow to tie you over. I'm in Madison and know what you're going thru....I'm getting ready to drive to Memphis and spend the day @ Martin Music having a few of mine set-up.
    Man, that's pure class. I love this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Whitey View Post
    Dude that's a tremendous offer. I may be driving up to Glaser tomorrow depending on what they tell me the workload and timeline will be.
    Roland/Boss GT-100

Already done and done. Guitar went to Glaser and I picked it back up this past Monday. Evan, the Plek technician had some free time so he gave me a tour of the machine and showed me the before and after profile graphs for my guitar. Apparently I did not have an extreme amount of fret wear, but a combination of some slightly high frets, some fret wear, neck angle, and setup combined for the issues I was having. The Plek re-established a solid profile for my frets by removing a tiny bit from some of them. This plus a new setup resolved the issues. Also got to meet Joe Glaser... nice guy... very humble and open and the process.
    Roland/Boss GT-100

So how does it play after the repairs?
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    So how does it play after the repairs?
    After all that he forgets the key info.... Sheesh!

Is the PLEK system as good as they say then?
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab