Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD: Let me inroduce the SCF!

That turned out amazing!! How do you like the Floyd on it?

Very cool!! Came out sweet man!! PTC does it again, phenomenal work...enjoy it!! Glad everything worked out and its back pretty quick...purely awesome
    2010 Black cherry 10 Top Tremonti-signed by Tremonti Modded by PTC DGT frets
    2010 Mira Vintage Mahogany-Dragon 1 pup in bridge
    2012 Faded Blue Jean Burst 10 Top Tremonti
    2012 PRS Tremonti Custom SE Grey/Black PRS Phase 2 tuners, Mannmade 2000NOS Trem,Refret with DGT frets at PTC, USA nut, PRS USA pots and knobs

As much as I love my PRSi.......my one beef is lack of Floyd option on Maryland made standard models. I bought a Torero just for shitz and giggles, but it's not the same. Mad jealous!
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Thank you for all your kind comments. After having spent some time intensively playing my new SCF (it really feels like a completely new guitar) all I can say is WOW!!! Almost forgot how well a perfectly adjusted Floyd stays in tune. Sounds great, plays great, what more can you want.

How you liking the new neck finish? Is it Extremely Awesome?

Way cool...............
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Quote Originally Posted by Kine View Post
    How you liking the new neck finish? Is it Extremely Awesome?
    http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...ll=1#post84880

Maybe my expectations were a little bit over the top, as the neck already was very awesome at least ;-)
    Last edited by juka; 07-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Looks awesome. If you don't mind a suggestion, I'd HIGHLY recommend that you put a "big block" brass tremolo block on the Floyd. I've now done it to every Floyd-equipped guitar I own. It really makes a marked improvement in the tone. It's one of the few upgrades that really lives up to the hype. Enjoy!
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

So, what did they have to do to get the Phase III's to work? I want to send my IRW SCT back to have that done! Mine's almost a twin to yours! I don't want the floyd, though!

Looks great!
    - cyclops

Too many PRS to list in 5 lines...

Now that....is cool!
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    Looks awesome. If you don't mind a suggestion, I'd HIGHLY recommend that you put a "big block" brass tremolo block on the Floyd. I've now done it to every Floyd-equipped guitar I own. It really makes a marked improvement in the tone. It's one of the few upgrades that really lives up to the hype. Enjoy!
    Thank you.

Yes, I know FU-Tone and I am really interested in several of their products, because so far I have only heard very positive comments about them.

But on the other hand they do not seem to offer international shipping (as I live in Germany) and as my recent experiences with international shipping (sending my guitar to the PTC) were so nightmarish I'm quite reluctant at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    So, what did they have to do to get the Phase III's to work? I want to send my IRW SCT back to have that done! Mine's almost a twin to yours! I don't want the floyd, though!

Looks great!
    Because of the IRW neck the replacement seems to be quite easy. They just close the small holes of the mounting screws and drill new ones. That's it.
    When it's already at the PTC, let them do their Rosewood Treatment of Extreme Awesomeness. It's really worth the money!

Skitchy's kung fu is quite amnazing. Congrats on a sweet axe
    My name is Matt and I'm a guitarholic

1994 McCarty; 2010 Charcoal Burst Modern Eagle Quatro; 2012 Fire Red Burst Signature Limited;2012 Charcoal Buster Siggy ( PTC Modified ); 2012 Vintage Burst Stripper; 2012 Charcoal 408 Standard w/ Crackwood; 2012 NOS ME1 Tiger Eye