Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It seems whatever Hans had, it's contagious...

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    The broken one. Isn't there a big circuit board?
    I'm not 100% sure but I don't think so, 513 yes for sure, DC3 maybe not since it's much simpler switching.

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    What else is missing is the push-pull tone pot which will activate the bridge pickup. This will allow for all pickup combos, by adding in neck/bridge and neck/middle/bridge. I worked out how many different combinations this is and it's ridiculous.
    So will a push/pull fit without additional routing to make the cavity deeper? I've often wondered about adding that to my Brent Mason for the neck/bridge combination.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebulldog View Post
    So will a push/pull fit without additional routing to make the cavity deeper? I've often wondered about adding that to my Brent Mason for the neck/bridge combination.
    I'm not sure, I'm just letting Shawn/Skitchy run with this one. I trust the PTC to make it useable yet not compromise structural integrity.

The DC3 is a different route to the BM, but I would assume the control cavity depth is similar. Hopefully we get a shot of the guitar just prior to the pickguard being fitted. If there is additional routing, it shouldn't be too much.

Your other option is to put in a CU22 Soapy style switch, where the middle position selects neck/bridge instead of the middle PU.

Quote Originally Posted by justmund View Post
    I'm not sure, I'm just letting Shawn/Skitchy run with this one. I trust the PTC to make it useable yet not compromise structural integrity.

The DC3 is a different route to the BM, but I would assume the control cavity depth is similar. Hopefully we get a shot of the guitar just prior to the pickguard being fitted. If there is additional routing, it shouldn't be too much.

Your other option is to put in a CU22 Soapy style switch, where the middle position selects neck/bridge instead of the middle PU.
    Yeah, I've thought about putting a super 5 way switch in there or even adding another mini switch. As long as I could still get the 2 and 4 positions, I wouldn't miss the middle pickup by itself.
    PRS Guitars - PS #4344 SC245, PS #4343 DC245, Ted SC245 Willcutt's WL Limited, Paul's Guitar
    PRS Amps - Archon

The 5-way would be the neatest solution, I'd pop the hood to make sure there's nothing crazy going on with the way 408s are wired.

You'd may need additional routing for the 3rd mini, there doesn't look like there'd be room for another between them and the 5-way, so you'd need to go under the volume (as per the template in my above pic).

One last thing, do it!

Just in case you missed it, the pickups are in! Just a couple of setup tweaks before she can begin the journey down under

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    OMG! I'm so sorry, but I'm going to have to beg for your permission to copy this...when I get a Mason. I love this. Very cool.
    Dude, just do it, I have no copyright on this bad boy!

I dare say it would be an easier conversion for a BM, although you'll still need a new pick guard since the middle 305 pickup is a lot wider than the 408. At least the PTC will have the cut file for the CNC!

Do the push-pull mod too, this will give you 26 unique pickup combinations (yes, 26!). I'm assuming you can guess what this guitar is going to be called, The 626!

This should be a serious hot rod.

Looking good Justin!

WOw, that's some crazy ass and beautiful modding there.

Great work guys!

I'm curious whether Shawn and the PTC team have had many crazy customer ideas that they've not been able to do.... (for another thread I would say).
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

Justin................................... Bad fugg'in Azz ..................... That's all I got
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

You are awesome. This guitar is awesome. PTC is awesome. So much awesome.
    Plank Owner

What a COOOOOOL mod!!!!!

Man that is rocking!!!!!
    - Dane

“He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

Thanks dudes! One of the first things I'll be doing is measuring the size of the narrow 408 vs a P90, I'm wondering about a CU22 Soapy conversion now!

As a consolation prize to Bob, I promise to do a demo of this one, maybe not all 26 tones, but yeah, I promise!

Man! Congrats! Dibs!
    DGT Secretary of Space

Way freakin' cool!!!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!