Thread: Looking for an SE with a carved top

Looking for an SE with a carved top

Hello. The title pretty much says it all. Ive been playing for about 5 years or so, mostly self-taught, and discovered the wonder of a PRS a long time ago. My first electric was a PRS-something-ish custom 24. But anyways Im going to get a new Solidbody soon, and it must be a PRS lol. Ive looked at pretty much all of the SE's and I really cant tell whic ones have carved/beveled tops and which ones dont. Is there a place I can go to for info like that? or maybe someone on here? any help is much appreciated. thanks.

John.

Cream Crackered Mikegarveyblues's Avatar
    If you go to the product pages for the SE guitars and look at the specs it should mention which guitars have carved - or more likely - bevelled tops.

Here's a couple:

http://www.prsguitars.com/secustom24/specs.php

http://www.prsguitars.com/seberniemarsden/specs.php

Main product page:

http://www.prsguitars.com/products/

Welcome to the forum!
    Modified SE Bernie Marsden, Fender Strat
    Laney Lionheart L5T-112, Fender Mustang 1
    Wishing for a Blue Bernie!
    Click here for SE Bernie Marsden demo!
    Lessons, covers, backing tracks, etc...www.youtube.com/mikegarveyblues

Thanks! yeah I had perused the website a lot and I think I have come to the conclusion that if it doesnt say Beveled/carved, then its not. I guess Im still looking at an SE Tremonti/SE Bernie Marsden, since I sort of have a PRS Doublecut already.

And Thanks! hope to hang out some, I honestly was shocked that PRS had a forum, but where better to discuss the most beautiful instruments ever created?

If i'm not mistaken, all the new PRS SEs come with the bevelled top apart from the Semi-Hollow, Torero, Mike Mushok and Tim Mahoney. Seeing you've narrowed your choice to Singlecuts, I can only tell you this: All Singlecuts come with the bevelled edge, so just go ahead and buy one without worrying! oh, and beautiful is an understatement when it comes to PRS

Oh. That's interesting to know. I guess the website just needs a few info/picture updates? In that case ill give the Dave Navarro another look.

And if a word existed that could describe the beauty of a PRS, i would have used it