Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you spend the 4th of July weekend?

Jersey Shore - Wildwood Crest to be exact!
    Not like the other kids...

Trip to the Clays Range, followed by an Anniversary Diner and a trip to DC to see the fireworks on the 4th...

A day at the pool and dinner out with friends on the 5th...

Another trip to the Clays Range, followed by a Washington National's game (a 5-4 win!) and a free concert after the game...

Brunch with SWMBO, a quick trip to Bed, Bath & Beyond and an early movie (The Heat) on the 7th...

Going back to work sucked this morning...

Jamie
    ---Jamie---

My Gear

Tested a prototype pedal by Forge Effects - and had some serious fun with the slippery edge of feedback.
    Rode a bike well over 200km with over a km of climbing, about 3 hours in rain, one flat.
    Ate lots - to make up for burning 4000 calories and because I like eating.

Drove from Louisville to Massachusetts & NH. Stopped to visit Matt Artinger, David Torn, & Craig Snyder of CR Guitars on the way.

Spent the actual 4th and the next few days with my dad in Monument Beach, MA, on Buzzards Bay near the west entrance of the Cape Cod canal. My son came up with his wife for a between-rotations visit (he's a 4th-year med student @ Tulane) and we had a Durant family bash on Sat so I got to visit with brothers, sisters-in-law, and nieces/nephews although my own wife & older son couldn't be there.

Came up to NH to visit my older son, who is a golf pro at a private club here. Played golf with him this aft. Fun! Having dinner with him and his GF tonight.

Heading down to Portsmouth tomorrow to visit with an old friend from HS, we'll probably end up @ the Press Room for the old Tuesday night jazz jam. Since I schlepped a couple of guitars I'll probably sit in for a tune or two for old times's sake.

Back to KY Wed > Thu (it's a 2-day drive for me) to play in a golf scramble on Fri and welcome my wife home from her annual week at the beach in NC with her GFs (like 10 of 'em) when they get home on Saturday.

so, basically, 2 weeks of visiting friends & family and doing what I please.

And a lot of driving, albeit in a fun car. (Convertible MINI Cooper S)
    Last edited by kingsleyd; 07-08-2013 at 05:27 PM.

deus ex machina
    Quote Originally Posted by Shultzie View Post
    I was on the lawn (which I next to never do) so I couldn't really see what axe Paul brought on stage. Sounded good (when he turned it up a bit)
    My seat was located in the center section of rear orchestra seating.

I was off work for 9 days. Accomplished mostly none of the tasks I planned but was good to just chill and relax. Spent 1 day biking with a good friend up from Chicago. Went to Summerfest 2x. Spent the 4th at a family party eating & drinking too much. Gian(geese_com) let me come over and try out a couple amps(thanks!). Spent some time with another dear friend in town from NY. Went to the newish Ale Asylum brewery/bar 2x and drank a lot of great beers. Threw in a couple band rehearsals for good measure. Was good time off from the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    I was off work for 9 days. Accomplished mostly none of the tasks I planned but was good to just chill and relax. Spent 1 day biking with a good friend up from Chicago. Went to Summerfest 2x. Spent the 4th at a family party eating & drinking too much. Gian(geese_com) let me come over and try out a couple amps(thanks!). Spent some time with another dear friend in town from NY. Went to the newish Ale Asylum brewery/bar 2x and drank a lot of great beers. Threw in a couple band rehearsals for good measure. Was good time off from the grind.
    Any time, man! Just let me know if you still want to borrow one of them.