Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the New S2 Series - Made In Maryland - Starting at $1,179

One thing I believe is that while the SE is a great guitar line for the money they are made by World Musical Instrument Co. they are their OWN company. they buy would their way - they dry wood their way etc etc. They build guitars for many companies to their SPECS ie parts shapes and wood combos colors etc. Line 6 has their new ones made there. Chapman guitars ( Rob Chapman) has his line made there. Now while their drying and buying etc may be good enough for decent guitars they are not to the same detail as USA PRS guitars. Nuts-- electronics- Bridge - frets etc. PRS USA models are known for neck stability because of their intensive drying process etc. My boys SE singlecut plays very nice and sounds great( after USA HFS/VINTAGE pu set and USA electronics) it still does not resonate and stay tune stable quite like my USA P22. The bridge stands a mile off the top on the SE where the USA sits close to the top-- more stability. all in the neck set angle. Another area the USA excels etc.
    I think the new S2 models will be a hit and I have a hankering for either the new mira or starla.
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2012 PRS P22 in black gold wrap around

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Once the existing orders are flushed through, the original Starla and Mira will be discontinued.
    This is very bad news for me, I planned to buy original Starla till end of this year. Almost everywhere in Europe, they are gone. They almost disappeared from ebay and prices began to rise. I have two US PRS guitars - Custom 24 and SC245, both 25th Anniversary. Bad that I can not add a third ...

On the other hand I think that the S2 series is a good step. I work for a company in East Europe which stock PRS guitars. PRS SE mostly, because it's very difficult to sell core line guitars here and I think that S2 here have a future. If we receive S2 in the near future, and not after 2-3 years as usual.....

Warped frustrated old man John Scrip's Avatar
    I am not afraid (say in the voice of "Sir Robin" at the bridge for best effect). I have a black cherry S2 Custom 24 on order with Sweetwater and I expect I'm going to be relatively thrilled when it comes in.
    John Scrip - MASSIVE Mastering - Chicago IL
    2011 PRS Custom 24
    Proud Member of ROLBAMTMWAOBGMMPRSC24OA

Anyone seen one of these in the wild yet? Are they shipping or are there just the prototype/demo guitars they take to trade shows and give to artists?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

deus ex machina
    Anyone who is considering purchasing an S2 Mira should see my Mira pickup giveaway in the PTC subforum.

I purchased a grey black S2 PRS Custom 24 from Andertons in Guildford (UK) yesterday. I was looking for a dual humbucker guitar after playing Strats for about 37 years (hence my forum name). I tried a few alternative options but this one really spoke to me. It plays and sounds great, looks beautiful and is set up perfectly.

Pete
    Last edited by stratman3142; 08-04-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyT View Post
    Welcome to the forum Pete.
    Andertons is one place I would like to stop in if I ever visit the UK.

Post some pics when you get a chance.
    Here's a link to a quick picture.

https://app.box.com/s/aj9denoizwvuq0l9kdfk

I don't know how to display pics on this forum.

Pete
    Last edited by stratman3142; 08-04-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Sweet!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

looks great Pete.
    2007 Korina McCarty Brazilian
    S2 Custom 24
    SE Bernie Marsden
    SE Custom Semi-Hollow Body
    SE245

I wish they could offer something special with these mid priced instruments.I love the Mira and the Starla but the custom i dont like the way it looks but...if they could offer some special things like a Floyd or Evertune i would be very interested.Wouldnt make it look better but would make it more interesting to me.
    I de-modded my CU22 soapbar and made a factory spec setup.Im in love again.I very much believe now PRS guitars are perfect as they are.

Being that this would be the only realistic way for me to get a Mira, I will definitely be getting one. probably the red one
    PRS SE Angelus Standard
    PRS Santana SE (Custom 22 w/Santana Headstock Inlay)
    Fender T-Bucket 300CE Acoustic-Electric
    Fender Mustang I
    Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.

I have a USA adjustable stoptail and set of Grover 406c locking tuners just waiting for a Mira S2. Would there be any reason to swap out the S2 tuner? Will those tuners drop in?
    Last edited by David Grantham; 09-11-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    DGT Secretary of Space

+1
    I'm probably less than 100 gigs with my SE away from an S2

Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post
    I love that there's a "natural progression" in PRS land now.

SE--->S2--->Core

Very cool, PRS.
    So why isn't there any buzz on these after they hit the streets
    Last edited by prscat33511; 09-30-2013 at 07:37 PM.

I would do anything for a jet white s2, not antique white. All I want is a jet white PRS. I don't want a guitar with Dave Navarro's name on it. I don't want a Floyd rose torero, I don't want a weak p90 pickup, I can't afford a USA c24....... I just want a jet white american made PRS that's affordable. And the s2 is it! Damn

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Once the existing orders are flushed through, the original Starla and Mira will be discontinued.
    That sucks. The shape of the S2 Mira isn't as round, curvy and symmetrical as the core line Mira. Also the new pickguard on the S2 Mira is kind of ugly. Would have been a good idea to keep the core line Miras around because it's significantly more aesthetically pleasing, which to me is enough to justify spending the extra money.
    Trained By Aliens <-- Check out/download our EP, the "Trained By Aliens EP"!

12-15 gigs left in this season
    with about 25 more gigs to get me one

So can someone please tell me the main differences between the s2 custom and the se custom? Don't paste the link here to the "about" section, I already read it. And from what I can tell the only differences are,

Locking tuners
    Beveled edge
    Coil tap

Or am I wrong? When they say " same as the core models", is the core model the SE or the USA custom model? Thanks
    Last edited by guitarfan85; 10-31-2013 at 01:36 AM.