Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS S2 Series - USA Built!!! For $1179!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GS1 View Post
    Let's see it! Love the White!
    not the best pic as I had glare

this next pic was one that Sweet water had of my guitar
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2014 S2 Singlecut Antique White with PRS \m/ pickups!

very nice ^^^
    My DGT standard is antique white, and extremely classy looking....just something creamy about it....
    I love technology.... when it works....

On the South Bank of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River in rural town.
    Quote Originally Posted by leeasam View Post
    not the best pic as I had glare

this next pic was one that Sweet water had of my guitar

That is a very beautiful antique white Singlecut S2. Congratulations.
    "Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.

That is just beautiful, congrats! I have been really trying to avoid looking at the S2 singlecut HB's. Would make a nice compliment to the Mira!

Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop View Post
    very nice ^^^
    My DGT standard is antique white, and extremely classy looking....just something creamy about it....
    thanks! I see it as simple yet elegant and kind of a bit of evil if you know what I mean lol -- just perfect stage axe!
    2010 Taylor 816CE
    2014 S2 Singlecut Antique White with PRS \m/ pickups!

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed. Just heard from Sweetwater this morning that PRS isn't going to be releasing the S2 Mira in that antique white color for quite a while
    Scattered Light - My Band Scattered Light - 'Like' us on Facebook
    PRS McCarty Hollowbody, PRS Custom 24
    Mesa/Boogie Rectifier -> Rectifier Cabs -> Boss Tuner -> Modded Tremonti Wah -> DOD Gonkulator -> T-Rex Tremonti Phase Shifter -> Boss Digital Delay -> EHX POG -> eBow

Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    Gotta say I'm a little disappointed. Just heard from Sweetwater this morning that PRS isn't going to be releasing the S2 Mira in that antique white color for quite a while
    PRS is kinda stingy with their white guitars. I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    The rarity makes them that much more desirable/awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    They're just waiting for you to buy a blue guitar - then the white floodgates will open!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    They're just waiting for you to buy a blue guitar - then the white floodgates will open!
    Didn't I already give you all the blue guitars? Those are your share of the PRS.

Quote Originally Posted by solacematt View Post
    MF site says they have them in stock. I like the white too, a lot. Can't decide though which model, and no, it can't be all of them

Well, it's been over a year since the announcement of this line of guitars, which means Arizona might finally get one. This seems to be pretty consistent, a model is announced, they start to ship and then about a year later one or two trickle down to the desert. Much like water, PRSi are finite here. The GC Platinum dealer in PHX finally got in a S2 CU24. If I can conjure up a free hour I'll go check it out.
    The Bovine Fury <-- New Album Yes, Please available NOW!
    05 Custom 22 / 07 Mira / 08 Baritone SE / 03 Santana SE

Occasionally Onery Member CantankerousCarl's Avatar
    I am so used to walking into <insert major musical retail chain here> and NOT seeing PRSes now that I was floored when I walked into Sam Ash last week and they had MULTIPLE SEs and S2s. A new ZM, an SE 7-string, a Tremonti SE quilt, S2 SC, S2 CU22, S2 CU24...I almost lost my footing. No new Core, and no S2 semis yet, but still! I was duly un-cantankerous.
    1990, 91, 92 & 94 CE24s | 1991 CU24 | 2000 CU22 Semi-Hollow | 2004 & 05 SE EGs
    2008 SE Semi-Hollow Soapbar | 2011 CU24 GC Throwback | 2012 Signature Limited x2
    2013 408 Brazilian | 2013 Paul's Guitar | 2013 CU24 | 2013 XPRS 408 Semi-Hollow
    2015 S2 Vela | 2015 PS #5583 Paul's Guitar

I didn't see any at my local Sam Ash. Plenty of expensive and really cheap G-guitars though.

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Well, it's been over a year since the announcement of this line of guitars, which means Arizona might finally get one.
    Holy fark!! A year already? Where does the time go...?

Long thread, but I have a couple of questions, not sure I found in here in this thread or not (I really should be working...)

1. Are the HFS/Vintage Bass pickups the same pickups in each of the S2 Singlecut/Custom 22 and Custom 24? Or do they each vary a bit? My guess is they are the same. Read the S2 Story, it seems they are the same.

2. Are the bodies in the S2 line the same thickness as the Core models? I know they have asymmetrical beveled tops, not sure if this construction is the same as it is with the Core models. No binding, I can deal with that. I know the figured maple tops are not as ornate, which is fine too. I kind of like the Antique White color, so no bling in any event.

3. Can the black pickup rings be swapped with a cream color? I might like that more. Edit, found it. http://www.prsaccessories.com/collec...ickup-ring-set

4. Also, why are the pickups on the Custom 24 uncovered, and the Custom 22 covered? I bet it goes back to the Core models, just not sure why that is.

I think that's it, for now
    Last edited by IRG; 08-18-2014 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post
    Long thread, but I have a couple of questions, not sure I found in here in this thread or not (I really should be working...)

1. Are the HFS/Vintage Bass pickups the same pickups in each of the S2 Singlecut/Custom 22 and Custom 24? Or do they each vary a bit? My guess is they are the same. Read the S2 Story, it seems they are the same.

2. Are the bodies in the S2 line the same thickness as the Core models? I know they have asymmetrical beveled tops, not sure if this construction is the same as it is with the Core models. No binding, I can deal with that. I know the figured maple tops are not as ornate, which is fine too. I kind of like the Antique White color, so no bling in any event.

3. Can the black pickup rings be swapped with a cream color? I might like that more. Edit, found it. http://www.prsaccessories.com/collec...ickup-ring-set

4. Also, why are the pickups on the Custom 24 uncovered, and the Custom 22 covered? I bet it goes back to the Core models, just not sure why that is.

I find the body on my s2 very comfortable. Nice bevel compared to my core cu24 . Pickups are two different kinds,that's what I'm guessing. I swapped mine out because I wanted to try emgs out and that's the only reason why I swapped them out.

2013 PRS DGT,2011 PRS CU24, 2015 Esp Ltd Ironcorss, 2015 Ibanez RG 2550E
    1988 Washburn G1V
    Orange TH30 . Saxon 2x12 cabinet

Nice, I do like the color too. The HFS bridge seems like a pretty hot pickup, which I'm actually fine with. I have a couple of PAFs in my other guitars, I want something different this time. I've had 3 SE models before, never really thought the pickups were very good. Average maybe. Hopefully the S2 are a step up. Love the coil tap feature, I use it all the time in my Epi Tribute. And the S2 models use the new nut on the Core models, which is great, and a downfall on the SE models. Cheap fix it would seem, they should just use it on all models. My SE245 would never stay in tune, and I did a lot to try and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by IRG View Post

The S2 Custom 24 has HFS/VB pickups which are uncovered. The S2 Singlecut and S2 Custom 22 have #7 pickups which are covered.

Quote Originally Posted by dsenoj View Post
    The S2 Custom 24 has HFS/VB pickups which are uncovered. The S2 Singlecut and S2 Custom 22 have #7 pickups which are covered.
    Ah, thanks. Not sure how I missed that, lol. So the #7 from what I see online are a little more of a PAF plus type of pickup, a little more traditional, with the HFS/VB more of a hotter/modern type of pickup. That does make sense.

I found this helpful link too: http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/pickups.html