5-way blade conversion
    Paul's Guitar Bridge

...I think that would do it for a while
    PS 4746 - Echo
    Experience 2012 Custom 24 - Inara
    P24 - Natasha
    2012 Tremonti SE

Quote Originally Posted by WEDGE View Post
    I am thinking Seafoam green Mira with an extra pickguard that houses an \m/ bridge and a P90 neck pup, makes it so easy with the pups pickguard mounted and in five minutes you could have a whole new beast to play.
    That would be intense!
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by WEDGE View Post
    I am thinking Seafoam green Mira with an extra pickguard that houses an \m/ bridge and a P90 neck pup, makes it so easy with the pups pickguard mounted and in five minutes you could have a whole new beast to play.
    Taylor did this, with their Loaded Pickguards for their Solidbody range (way underestimated guitars, BTW). Cool concept. I'd love to see this with the S2 Mira and Starla!

After listening to those old promo videos I think I'd get a second Mira S2 wish some Deep Dish II action and McCarty switching.
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    After listening to those old promo videos I think I'd get a second Mira S2 wish some Deep Dish II action and McCarty switching.
    Heck yeah! Those pickups need to come back.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    Because the S2 tuners leave no screw holes in the back of the headstock, Phase III tuners are a direct replacement!
    That's pretty darn cool! Thanks, Shawn!

I have this image of a Mira S2 with the Phase IIIs (and of course, the faux bone or ebony knobs), 57/08s, and a PTC setup (because why not, if it's already there for the installs) being one HECK of a guitar!
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

S2 Custom 24 in white
    -replace rosewood board with ebony board.....no inlays a la Torero
    -upgrade to USA vibrato unit
    -phase 3 tuners
    -5 way switch
    - \m/ pickup set

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    I gotta get a Mira S2 but the pickguard with integrated pup rings is not for me.
    So the question... if you were going to buy an S2, which one would you get and how would you want the PTC to modify it?
    Agreed. It should have been a full pickguard like a Starla. That's pretty much where I would start with a S2 Mira. I wish they would have market focus groups, of which I could be a part, so we could comment on this sort of thing.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Agreed. It should have been a full pickguard like a Starla. That's pretty much where I would start with a S2 Mira. I wish they would have market focus groups, of which I could be a part, so we could comment on this sort of thing.
    PRS used to have focus groups, but found them to be - if I can speak frankly - useless. All they ever seemed to get out of them was that we wanted more everything.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

S2 Starla in white with white M.O.T. pickguard & TV Jones Filtertrons.........TWANG-DANGO BABY!!
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

That's right up my alley, Chris.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    I wish they would have market focus groups, of which I could be a part, so we could comment on this sort of thing.
    You still get to comment - with your wallet.

Design by committee sucks; the process as well as the result. I'd rather see a guitar where 25% of the people love it and 75% hate than a guitar where 99% of the people who see/play it are indifferent.
    One Life

Not always, crowdsourcing works sometimes.

http://www.popsci.com/cars/article/2...-manufacturing

I understand the idea behind the design and I know it's the kind of thing that's been done for years (Melody Maker) it's just I hate voting something down with my wallet when it's a minor issue. Regardless, I haven't seen one in person so my opinions are all based on photos.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

I totally get it. That's why this thread exists! One element, especially one that is easy to modify, won't stand in my way.
    One Life

Take a 24 and add a peizo set-up, like my P-22 so I dont have to lug a 3k+ guitar offshore and take the licks it does! But I guess thats why they call it a #1!
    "I've got a job with my name on my shirt!"

Custom 24 with a Floyd.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

S2 Starla in white & birds, with \m/ p'ups, remove the bigsby and replace with 2 piece bridge. That would be a dream for me.
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-d-1985 View Post
    S2 Starla in white & birds, with \m/ p'ups, remove the bigsby and replace with 2 piece bridge. That would be a dream for me.
    I would love to have that with gold hardware and pearloid pickguard!
    "BADASS MODDED" SE SEMI-HOLLOW W/BIGSBY
    SE ZACH MYERS, SE TREMONTI, SE20 COMBO

Quote Originally Posted by Chris528 View Post
    I would love to have that with gold hardware and pearloid pickguard!
    Yeah, that would make it top notch for sure!

Dear PRS, for the next run of S2s.......
    '12 Mira Green Burst - '09 Cu24 Charcoal Burst - '09 SC250 Dark Cherry Burst - Taylor 514CE - Ibanez SR300 Bass - Mesa MkV Head & 1x12 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by crgtr View Post
    S2 Starla in white with white M.O.T. pickguard & TV Jones Filtertrons.........TWANG-DANGO BABY!!
    Plank Owner