Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fact Checking Is Important, People!

It can be a good starting point but it sure isn't the authority on anything.

A friend recently sent me a link to Wiki to reinforce a "fact" he was trying to support. I edited the Wiki page and sent it back to him (which is my point).

Popular opinion and facts aren't the same thing. Popular opinion (like Wiki pages) can be changed, facts cannot.
    One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post
    It can be a good starting point but it sure isn't the authority on anything.

A friend recently sent me a link to Wiki to reinforce a "fact" he was trying to support. I edited the Wiki page and sent it back to him (which is my point).

Popular opinion and facts aren't the same thing. Popular opinion (like Wiki pages) can be changed, facts cannot.
    Hacks!
    Plank Owner

Quote Originally Posted by lgk1208 View Post
    I just read that the airline is suing the TV station for discrediting the airlines reputation with that report. Yah it was the news report that is damaging your reputation not the CRASH right? haha
    Wrongful death lawsuits are probably pretty expensive for a company, this may help.

I would think that the airline would have a really difficult time winning that case.

Just saw the clip again on the Daily Show. I swear, it doesn't get old with me. I can't believe there's not a scintilla of awareness in that woman's voice.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

this is whats wrong with the world today IMHO