Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PRS Case Smell

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Swarovski crystals on the ends of the case make an especially attractive presentation.
    Are we going to take this one step further and start Bedazzling our own cases? They should do one with the PRS Logo though!
    Custom 22 Brazilian Limited (Emerald Green/Artist Package Quilt)| Custom 24 (Red Fire Burst/Quilted 10 Top)| Custom 24 (Autumn Sky) | P22 (Solana Burst)| Standard 22 (TriColor Burst)| McCarty Soapbar (Seafoam Green)| CE 22 (Vintage Yellow/3 piece 10 Top)| CE 22 (Whale Blue)| Mesa Dual Rectifier Half Stack| Fender Blues DeVille 410 (USA Made)| Fender Evil Twin (Snakeskin)| Peavey Classic 50 410| Gibson Northern Jumbo Limited

Maybe get a new case for it?
    That WAS the new case! I wanted one of the chainsaw-type cases - you know, the molded plastic ones like Les Pauls came in for a while (and may still). The original tweed case never had an odor. Still doesn't.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Now you're talkin'!
    Do you think you could get them to stick to the vinyl end coverings? Or to some other fabric that could stick onto, or be sewn onto, the ends?

For that matter, I wonder what a 25th anni case would look like trimmed out in LV on each end....
    Last edited by LSchefman; 07-14-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Do you think you could get them to stick to the vinyl end coverings? Or to some other fabric that could stick onto, or be sewn onto, the ends?

For that matter, I wonder what a 25th anni case would look like trimmed out in LV on each end....
    You just know I already know the answer to that seeing as how I owned a Bedazzler and a Gemagic. I think the best thing to do would be to use gems with a bezel setting, and then apply that to the vinyl. Maybe Shawn might know how it could be done considering the Orianthi guitar that was covered in crystals.

I have a source for LV fabric and vinyl in Chicago if you're serious about trying it out, it's about $65 a yard.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
    A combination of Pixie Dust and Awesomeness...
    All this time I was thinking it was Unicorn farts and Rainbows...
    -Jon

"I'm a sinner and I hope I never change"

You just know I already know the answer to that seeing as how I owned a Bedazzler and a Gemagic. I think the best thing to do would be to use gems with a bezel setting, and then apply that to the vinyl. Maybe Shawn might know how it could be done considering the Orianthi guitar that was covered in crystals.

I have a source for LV fabric and vinyl in Chicago if you're serious about trying it out, it's about $65 a yard.
    Heck, Serg, I figured I'd give you the case (just because we're pals) and let you have at it.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Heck, Serg, I figured I'd give you the case (just because we're pals) and let you have at it.
    Those white cases are a huge turn on for me, I'm shocked that our newest member isn't a fan, but everything ain't for everybody! Don't you think Jamie needs a LV case? I bet it might make Jared jealous.

I, for one, do not fancy that white case of the 25th anni (well, I do not own one but one of my friends does). I just think if is not practical to use as a "gig" case. And for $3,000+ guitar, I would prefer it stay in the safe case rather than the gig bag.

I also do not fancy the Paul's Guitar paisley case for the same reason. Although it looks really nice when in the clean environment of my place, I could not imagine myself to brig this to any gig.

But anyway, I love its smell. Everytime I open the case, I feel really great and the first thing I do is to hold the guitar and sniff the neck
    Paul's Guitar in Copper, 408MT Brazilian Neck in Black Gold
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

This was one of the most discussed mysteries on BAM haha We think its a combination of the glue used to assemble the inside of the case along with whatever lovely cleaning product/finishes PRS use on the guitars before final casing.
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Black Paisley Case...I'd sniff it.
    Plank Owner

Those white cases are a huge turn on for me, I'm shocked that our newest member isn't a fan, but everything ain't for everybody! Don't you think Jamie needs a LV case? I bet it might make Jared jealous.
    You'd think a guy who trucks around with rock stars would like a fancy case, and a cool guitar, but Jamie is still a very low-key guy.

In fact, he's doing these shows with one of the band's guitars he's borrowed, he didn't get anything for the tour. I think he's just one of those guys who doesn't care about "stuff." Unlike his old man in that regard, for sure.

I'm all about my stuff.
    -- Homer J. Simpson