Thread: Another Opinions Wanted Post - Studios

Another Opinions Wanted Post - Studios

Just looking for opinions on this...

Would you rather have a Studio 10 Top in one of the sunburst finishes or one of the '12 Experience Swamp Ash Studios in a Foil finish and WHY?

I'm having a hard time deciding! LOL
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

I'd want the one that sounds better. If one does. If not, the maple top.

Figured wood never goes out of style.
    I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken...

I've owned both, and kept the regular Studio...mainly because it was ballsier tonally, but also because I didn't get along with the Pattern Reg neck or jumbo frets on the SAS-Studio. But perhaps you're not as finicky as me.

I am a big fan of a gorgeous maple top; however, tone trumps pretty. I find the transparent finishes to be more of a classic look while the foils and similar finishes, which I like also, have more of a fad-like feel to them and I would probably tire of it over time.
    Signature Limited, Artist III, 305 Prototype, P22, Custom 22, McCarty 2010 Experience, McCarty NF, Hollowbody w/piezo, Studio, Custom 22 Soapbar, Special; Brent Mason; 2-Channel H 20w combo (6V6)

Ahh...didn't realize the Foils would have the Pat Reg neck. I can play it, but it's not my favorite! Good to know.

Yes, I wouldn't buy any PRS without playing it obviously, so would always go with the "better" guitar...just wanting opinions if everything was equal.

Thanks guys!
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal