Thread: What speaker for 2 channel custom?

What speaker for 2 channel custom?

What speaker do you guys recommend for a 2 channel custom head? I know the combo comes with a Lead80. Would hat be my best bet? Also, open or closed back?

For what it's worth, I'm running my Custom 50 head into a Boogie Rectifier 2x12 w/V30's closed back cab and love it.
    Last edited by mapleleaf14; 08-03-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

My first thought was to buy a Mesa Widebody Closed back/front ported with their C90. On the otherhand I could just get an Avatar with one of the speakers they sell.

I'm a fan of English V30's for pretty close to everything.

Typically I consider them first in line to try.
    -Bob

I use a Mesa 2x12 vertical with V30s with my Custom. Why vertical you ask?......cause I'm too damn old to bend over to adjust the head on a horizontal one , and I can hear it on stage.
    Sh*tter's full

I appreciate the replys. I've only been on this forum a short time and it seems to be a slow mover

The forum? Na....normally you end up with pretty thoughtful replies....as opposed to some other places where you have to sift thriugh a bunch of crap to determine anything relevant....It slows down a bit on weekends....look I use Mesa 2x12's loaded with v30's, a supro cab...with a V30...a Rivera cab with v30's and a 300 watt powered 12 inch sub....I have had amps with Mesa c90's...I've had greenbacks, heritage, eminence...bunch of different ones, wgs....again a few. English V30's is where its at for ME....i like the tight scooped feel with the right cab and the break up they get....PRS cabs with V30s sound great to my ears.
    -Bob

ANyone using their 2CH with a pair of Celestion greenbacks?
    1992 PRS Cu24 Tortoise Shell, "10",Birds, Reg Neck
    2005 PRS 513 Brazilian Rosewood Orange