Thread: Boston-area Guitar Stores

Boston-area Guitar Stores

On vacation with my family just a little south of Boston. Time permitting, any stores I should try to hit? I'm a bit too far south to get to John Mann's.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

There's a new GC (yeah, I know) across from Berklee on Mass Ave that has a LOT of high end stuff. I guess the CEO of the company was a student there and hand selected all the gear to go in the store. Went in a while back and they had a bunch of custom shop Gibsons, unfortunately no PRSi at the time though, criminal if you ask me. The GC next to Fenway, which is less than a mile from the Berklee store, has a nice bunch of PRS gear in their platinum room. Sorry to suggest GC, but when you're a broke student with no car in Boston, options are pretty limited! Just thought I'd chime in since I live in town. The guys at the Fenway store have never done me wrong though, and it's a cool store, ask for Hatch if you go in.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

Can you have too many? Buildermike's Avatar
    Matt's Music in Weymouth and the Axe Place in Walpole. What town are you staying in? I'm in Duxbury at the moment.

I second Matt's Music. Also south of Boston there is a GC in Braintree. They have several PRSi

Thanks - I'd actually forgotten I posted this and forgot to check before we went into town. As it turns out, I went to the GC at Fenway because we went to the Sox game Tuesday (I sat on the Monster - way cool!) and because the guy who showed us around town said he'd drop us there so I could run in. Didn't have time to do much more than a quick browse through - they had a PRS 2-channel C...with a 2-channel H tag.

We're staying in Scituate. Popped into the music store here today - crammed beyond reasonableness. But I never saw more Jackson Rhoads models on display anywhere else. Way too chaotic to try to take much of anything in.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Made it to Matt's this afternoon for a quick trip - what a cool little store! They've got some nice gear there, including the first Tremonti I've actually seen in person in a store. I'd have loved to try it, but I knew I wasn't buying and I had a carful of people. But I did grab some picks to at least throw them some business.

And we ate at Wahlberg's for lunch - man, that was good! We're talking about heading back before we catch our flight.

And we popped over to Quincy and grabbed a donut at the original Dunkin' Donuts. That was my daughter's request, as was Wahlberg's - I may send her out for lottery tickets later.
    Alan