Thread: 2 channel H or Sweet 16

2 channel H or Sweet 16

What are you guys oppinions of these two models? I'm in the market for another amp and have been looking at the Sweet 16. Then I got to watching clips of the 2 channel H. I like that it has 6L6s in it.
    I have a Mesa LSS and I'm wanting an amp that will compliment it.

Hmm... well they have very different features and output. I think the H's clean channel will do a lot of things that the 16 does, so it depends on how much power you want and if you want the lead channel.
    -I'm no expert, but it seems to work and I haven't electrocuted myself yet. Which is pretty much the standard I live by.

SE Custom 24 25th Anniversary - SE Akesson+57/08's - SE 30 Head/Cab

I am used to a two channel amp. I had a Mesa 5:50 in the past and I really liked the 6L6 sound. I'm just curious if the Sweet 16, being a single channel amp, will have a nicer tone. If the clean channel of the "H" sounds as good as the 16 it's a no brainer to get the "H".

You can't go wrong with either, but you should also check out the Sweet 16+, as it has 6L6s, too, I believe. I loved it.

I have a two channel H, but I also have the 2 channel custom (50 watts). I play live with the Custom, and that's what I'd recommend. Very versatile and plenty loud.
    Sh*tter's full

Has anyone directly compared the Sweet 16+ and the 2channel H? I'd like to hear some thoughts on those two.

Two more quick questions. How wide is the 2 channel combo cabinet? And, has anyone compared a 2 channel H to a Mesa 5:50+?