Thread: The Long And Winding Road

The Long And Winding Road

My son Jamie returned to LA late last night from the European tour. He was gone for two months.

"How is it to be home?" I asked.

"I woke up in my bed today, for the first time in a long time, and it felt kind of like the tour was a dream," he replied.

"It was," I answered. "A really good dream."
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I bet the first thing he did was laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    My son Jamie returned to LA late last night from the European tour. He was gone for two months.
    Who does he play for / with? Just interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Who does he play for / with? Just interested.
    30 Seconds to Mars. He was the recording engineer on their recent release, "Love Lust Faith & Dreams." They asked him to join the European tour.

He was also an assistant engineer on their prior release, "This is War."

Here's the thread about the tour report:

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...Tour-Adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    I bet the first thing he did was laundry.
    Haha!

Sleep first, then laundry. I'm sure he had some, but on a tour like this one, they actually had hotel laundry done.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 07-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

That's very cool. Good on 'im (as they say Down Under).

Awesome!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

So cool! Congrats to him on such a cool opportunity, and congrats to you to have your son back

Thanks all!

I wish I was in LA, to see Jamie, but I'm in Michigan. So...I have to get out there ASAP!
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Glad he got home safe and sound!

You do need a road trip! I'd wait until it's cold and nasty there and come out for some California sun!
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

Les
    Thanks for sharing your son's journey with us. Looking forward to the next road trip.
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

Congrats to Jamie! You, too, Les - as much as you've enjoyed it, it's always nice when they're back home, even if it's not your home.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Thanks, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    Congrats to Jamie! You, too, Les - as much as you've enjoyed it, it's always nice when they're back home, even if it's not your home.
    Yeah, it's good. He travels again in only a few weeks.
    -- Homer J. Simpson