View Poll Results: Which "Camp" are you in, if any?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The McCarty Camp

33 29.20%
  • The Cu22/CE22 Camp

13 11.50%
  • The 513/305 Camp

2 1.77%
  • The CU24/CE24 Camp

22 19.47%
  • The Singlecut Camp

20 17.70%
  • The Santana Camp

3 2.65%
  • The Bass Camp

0 0%
  • The Amp Camp

0 0%
  • The Acoustic Camp

1 0.88%
  • Other? Please explain.

19 16.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Camp Are You In?

DGT Club Vice President
    I'm in the DGT camp.

mgd

DGTs

DGT camp

I voted Cu24. I love my Hollowbody II, but my Cu24 gets the most play time. Give me the wide-thin neck and the 5-way rotary, to boot.

I love my Mira, but I wouldn't buy another 24 fretter I don't think. CU22 started it all for me and continues to be the benchmark against what all other guitars are judged.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

i'm a mccarty man having 2 of them, but i also love my satin singlecut.

I like 22 frets. I lean towards SC, but love me some DGT which is based on the McCarty. So I guess I'm a multi-camper. Today I'm a happy camper, but that a story for another forum........
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Not sure where I fit!

I have a couple Studios, an SAS, a Paul's, a Stripped 58, a Mira, and a P24...so I put Other!

I love them all and play them all just about equally.
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

I went with "Other". Here's why: It largely depends on what type of music I'm playing.

If I'm playing more the speed/thrash stuff (Megadeth, etc.), I prefer a 24 fret guitar; I like the extended "range", and I like the slightly squished feel of having two extra frets in the scale length (maybe that one's just in my head). If I'm playing more rock-type stuff (everything from classic to modern), I prefer a 22 fret guitar; for some reason it just sounds better to me (again, probably all in my head). But for either of these, I definitely prefer the thinner body profile and what is now a Pattern Thin neck. But if I'm playing stuff that's in dropped-D (or lower stuff, like dropped-C, etc.), I actually prefer a single cut guitar; the chunkier, more beefy body sounds heavier and more bad-@$$ to me.

I keep my 24.75" scale LP in dropped-D or dropped-D flat, and at this point is exclusively used for these "heavier" tunings. I keep my 25.5" scale FrankenSchecter in E or E flat. My 408 will also be kept in E or E flat. Yay, guitars!
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

i had to go McCamp, as most of mine are on the McThickness, including the SAS.
    (DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom) >> {C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

'And, one time, at band camp...'

LOL!

I fall into 3 categories. Custom 22, Custom 24 and amps. Love my modded Custom 2 Channel 50, and 2 private stocks!
    - cyclops

Too many PRS to list in 5 lines...

Cool

P22 "camp" - I keep looking to branch out - DGT or Paul's but it just hasn't happened. Every time I pick up my P22 it feels like home!
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

The DGT has sealed the deal for me...McCarty is #1 but I'd never kick my Cu24 out of bed. Nor the SE One. Nor my Super Dallas. Nor...you get my drift. Darn you Hans for making me pick favorites.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

First PRS was the McRosie. In my quest for another guitar I sampled the SAS, CU22, and DC3 before finally settling on the DGT. So, I'm in the McCamp also.

Needless to say which one I am

Paul's Guitar in Copper, 408MT Brazilian Neck in Black Gold
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

408 Sig Limited camp...

I vote McCarty for myself. Most of the time I'm playing a Sig Ltd or a DGT. I can't part with the others, but those two get most of the attention.

I voted other.

I spend a lot of time with my Tonare acoustic. My CU22-based Artist V is the liveliest guitar I've ever had, but it's unique, since I've gone more for the McModels in the past. And I love the SC models; I often have one on hand. In fact, if I had a band instead of just playing on ad tracks, I would probably play out with an SC.

The HXDA is the only amp I currently have in the studio.

So which is it? I dunno. All of them?
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

I voted other as well.

I love my SC models, but I also love my Custom 24/Navarro, my Studios and my Custom 22/P22/DGT.

It really depends on what mood I'm in or what genre of music I'm fixated on at the time.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    If there's a Brent Mason camp, I'm in it. That's the only PRSi I have, although I also like the DC3.

SC 24.5
    Sh*tter's full