View Poll Results: Which "Camp" are you in, if any?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The McCarty Camp

33 29.20%
  • The Cu22/CE22 Camp

13 11.50%
  • The 513/305 Camp

2 1.77%
  • The CU24/CE24 Camp

22 19.47%
  • The Singlecut Camp

20 17.70%
  • The Santana Camp

3 2.65%
  • The Bass Camp

0 0%
  • The Amp Camp

0 0%
  • The Acoustic Camp

1 0.88%
  • Other? Please explain.

19 16.81%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Camp Are You In?

DGT Club Vice President
    I'm in the DGT camp.

mgd

DGTs

DGT camp

I voted Cu24. I love my Hollowbody II, but my Cu24 gets the most play time. Give me the wide-thin neck and the 5-way rotary, to boot.

I love my Mira, but I wouldn't buy another 24 fretter I don't think. CU22 started it all for me and continues to be the benchmark against what all other guitars are judged.
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

i'm a mccarty man having 2 of them, but i also love my satin singlecut.

I like 22 frets. I lean towards SC, but love me some DGT which is based on the McCarty. So I guess I'm a multi-camper. Today I'm a happy camper, but that a story for another forum........
    Chris Reynolds...Nashvegas TN
    CR Guitar Demos
    More guitars than I can afford!
    #1 fan of Doug "DA MAN" Sewell!!

Not sure where I fit!

I have a couple Studios, an SAS, a Paul's, a Stripped 58, a Mira, and a P24...so I put Other!

I love them all and play them all just about equally.
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

I went with "Other". Here's why: It largely depends on what type of music I'm playing.

If I'm playing more the speed/thrash stuff (Megadeth, etc.), I prefer a 24 fret guitar; I like the extended "range", and I like the slightly squished feel of having two extra frets in the scale length (maybe that one's just in my head). If I'm playing more rock-type stuff (everything from classic to modern), I prefer a 22 fret guitar; for some reason it just sounds better to me (again, probably all in my head). But for either of these, I definitely prefer the thinner body profile and what is now a Pattern Thin neck. But if I'm playing stuff that's in dropped-D (or lower stuff, like dropped-C, etc.), I actually prefer a single cut guitar; the chunkier, more beefy body sounds heavier and more bad-@$$ to me.

I keep my 24.75" scale LP in dropped-D or dropped-D flat, and at this point is exclusively used for these "heavier" tunings. I keep my 25.5" scale FrankenSchecter in E or E flat. My 408 will also be kept in E or E flat. Yay, guitars!
    Heh...check it out. Under my name, it says "member".

i had to go McCamp, as most of mine are on the McThickness, including the SAS.
    (DC22 / DC 245 Ted / DGT / 513 / Santana / McShootout / Cu22 Rosewood / 408 Rosewood / SAS / Cu22 Semi hollow / Sig LTD / Mira korina / HBII / SE Angelus Custom / SE Mushok) >> {Archon, C, H, Dallas, Original Sewell}

'And, one time, at band camp...'

LOL!

I fall into 3 categories. Custom 22, Custom 24 and amps. Love my modded Custom 2 Channel 50, and 2 private stocks!
    - cyclops

Too many PRS to list in 5 lines...

Cool

P22 "camp" - I keep looking to branch out - DGT or Paul's but it just hasn't happened. Every time I pick up my P22 it feels like home!
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

The DGT has sealed the deal for me...McCarty is #1 but I'd never kick my Cu24 out of bed. Nor the SE One. Nor my Super Dallas. Nor...you get my drift. Darn you Hans for making me pick favorites.
    + '01 Custom 24 + '11 DGT Standard (Mr. Clean) + '09 SE One + Super Dallas + Stealth 2x12+

First PRS was the McRosie. In my quest for another guitar I sampled the SAS, CU22, and DC3 before finally settling on the DGT. So, I'm in the McCamp also.

Needless to say which one I am

Paul's Guitar in Copper, 408MT Brazilian Neck in Black Gold
    1987 Gibson Les Paul Pre-Historic '59, Fender Stratocaster American Vintage '57
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

408 Sig Limited camp...

I vote McCarty for myself. Most of the time I'm playing a Sig Ltd or a DGT. I can't part with the others, but those two get most of the attention.

I voted other.

I spend a lot of time with my Tonare acoustic. My CU22-based Artist V is the liveliest guitar I've ever had, but it's unique, since I've gone more for the McModels in the past. And I love the SC models; I often have one on hand. In fact, if I had a band instead of just playing on ad tracks, I would probably play out with an SC.

The HXDA is the only amp I currently have in the studio.

So which is it? I dunno. All of them?
    Check us out: http://www.elfxi.com

I voted other as well.

I love my SC models, but I also love my Custom 24/Navarro, my Studios and my Custom 22/P22/DGT.

It really depends on what mood I'm in or what genre of music I'm fixated on at the time.
    2013 HB II Artist, '11 SC 58 Artist, '14 Custom 24 10Top Floyd, '12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, '09 Tremonti SE, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Suhr, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

San Francisco Bay Area and west-central Ohio
    If there's a Brent Mason camp, I'm in it. That's the only PRSi I have, although I also like the DC3.

SC 24.5
    Sh*tter's full