View Poll Results: Which "Camp" are you in, if any?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • The McCarty Camp

33 29.20%
  • The Cu22/CE22 Camp

13 11.50%
  • The 513/305 Camp

2 1.77%
  • The CU24/CE24 Camp

22 19.47%
  • The Singlecut Camp

20 17.70%
  • The Santana Camp

3 2.65%
  • The Bass Camp

0 0%
  • The Amp Camp

0 0%
  • The Acoustic Camp

1 0.88%
  • Other? Please explain.

19 16.81%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Camp Are You In?

If they made it, I'd be in the DGTP (DGT + piezo) group. That being said I think my ideal PRS right now is either the DGT or the P22 (REALLY want another P22... )
    -Matt

I started in the CE-24 camp, but my CU-22 moved me more in the glued-in neck direction. My love of my 53/10 LTD re-enforces that, but tells me that I maybe belong in the McCarty/ME camp. Not sure where my most recent acquisition, a P-22 hard tail (thanks John Mann!) puts me (53/10s like an ME, thicker body like a McCarty/ME I think, 5 way selector like a CU-22), especially now that I want to add another piezo like maybe a Hollowbody I or II or a P-22 rosewood neck. Plus now I'm researching 305s and triple Soapies. There's just no end to this, is there? For gigging though I guess somewhere between CU-22 and McCarty/ME. Voted as Other.

I like almost every PRS I've played, but I'm a Modern Eagle guy through and through.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

I started in the CU24 camp, but now find myself in the McCarty camp. I confess that I do cheat regularly by sneaking over to the SC tent.
    2013 LP R9 VOS
    2012 P22, IRW
    2013 SG Standard VOS
    Suhr PT 100 Amp, Forte 212 Cab
    Marshall Vintage Modern and SL5, Fishman Loudbox

I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.

Hmmm, I haven't voted yet. I love the McCarty and Singlecut bases almost equally. I like the beef of the SC but the mobility of the McCarty. Not sure I can pick one over the other.

22 frets, thicker body...McCarty camp for me. All DGT, all the time...
    Check out my band, Missing Pieces!!!

2013 Wood Library DGT Armando's Amethyst - "Marie"
    2012 SE Angelus Standard - "Calvin"

Quote Originally Posted by gush View Post
    I'm in the"buy all the prs guitars you can afford" camp.
    Winning.
    Plank Owner

Based on Hans' descriptions, I cover all of the camps except the bass camp.

I guess this is my last post on the forum, given that slackers aren't wanted...

BTW, this forum is over a year old now - how is it that we haven't gotten around to our first inner-circle dispute yet? C'MON PEOPLE, GET IT TOGETHER!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I play a little of everything.
    You're never too old for tater tots.

Singlecut, 25", #7 pup'd, non-chambered, original version camp.

(I love all the rest, too. )
    Not like the other kids...

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    BTW, this forum is over a year old now - how is it that we haven't gotten around to our first inner-circle dispute yet?
    Who's in the inner circle? I'm tired of being the very last one to know about this stuff.

Heck, the Bilderberg Group has been around since 1954, and I was completely oblivious to them until only a few years ago. Same with the Illuminati. I am pretty much in the dark about all of these inner circles about to take over the world.

And now you're telling me there's one here? An inner circle trying to take over the PRS Forum? That's kind of exciting, in a New World Order-Skull And Bones kind of way.

I read that the Masons are also about to take over the world, but the last actual Mason I knew was my father, who died 26 years ago. He was one of the Masons that had a fez. You have to watch out for guys with Fezzes. I saw Bye Bye Birdie, I know all about what those guys are up to.
    Last edited by LSchefman; 07-25-2013 at 10:16 PM.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    how is it that we haven't gotten around to our first inner-circle dispute yet?
    These guys? You argue with them.

I chose other... There should just be a "Custom Camp"... 22 Frets = Wraparound and 24 = Tremolo... love them all!! (oh and P22's count as Customs lol)
    Custom 22 Brazilian Limited (Emerald Green/Artist Package Quilt)| Custom 24 (Red Fire Burst/Quilted 10 Top)| Custom 24 (Autumn Sky) | P22 (Solana Burst)| Standard 22 (TriColor Burst)| McCarty Soapbar (Seafoam Green)| CE 22 (Vintage Yellow/3 piece 10 Top)| CE 22 (Whale Blue)| Mesa Dual Rectifier Half Stack| Fender Blues DeVille 410 (USA Made)| Fender Evil Twin (Snakeskin)| Peavey Classic 50 410| Gibson Northern Jumbo Limited

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    I read that the Masons are also about to take over the world, but the last actual Mason I knew was my father, who died 26 years ago. He was one of the Masons that had a fez. You have to watch out for guys with Fezzes. I saw Bye Bye Birdie, I know all about what those guys are up to.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

I voted other, all my PRSi have piezos in them.
    P22 FBB with rosewood neck
    CU22 Goldtop with Graphtech Ghost
    NAMM 2003 SCT Prototype
    Paisley Dallas 1 X 12
    Taylor 410ceL2

As a long-time Strat player, I was attracted to the CU22 Soapy when it first came out. It was the first PRS I ever owned, and I've recently re-entered the PRS fold with a newer CU22 Soapy. It's like a Strat on steroids. I realize that PRS now offers a number of Strat-inspired models, but I've always loved the Custom body and the set neck, not to mention the P90s. I am really liking the DGT neck with the satin finish, compared to the older D glossy neck. Very comfortable to play, right up there with rosewood (the McRosie is probably my next favorite PRS, and I'm still kicking myself for selling my last one).

Cu24 camp for me. Always been a fan of the Wide Thin/Pattern Thin neck and also the Custom's shape. Plus i love the position of the neck pickup on the Cu24, makes things brighter for me as i'm really afraid of muddy neck pickups, kills the guitar imo. The thinner body also helps make things easier for me, never been a "heavier = more tone" kind of guy. However, I prefer a 3-way toggle. If only the Custom 24 has a stoptail option...or a Standard 24 would be great for me as well!

I'm surprised how small the Santana cheering section is.
    I'm a big fan, even though that isn't how I voted.

I am ok with pretty much any model PRS....My first PRS were CE22's, then I added a Santana, then Cu22's, then McCarty's, then a Hollowbody, then short scale 22's, then i explored the 305 and finally I figured it made sense to branch out into Cu24 land.

I would say that I am most comfortable with a 22 fret guitar but it don't matter all that much....the most comfortable Necks I own in the PRS realm are found on my 305 and my old CE's....still to this day....something about the maple just feels right to me...doesn't matter if its the new finish on the 305 necks or the old worn in nitro on the ce's...they have that broken in old friend feel.

And I loved that GG PS Bass I played at Markies....as well as that amazing Collection Tonare Grand...the bass took a bit of a toll on my fingers but man was it worth it.....and I love PRS amps....especially the Recording Amp....

I guess I am a pretty big fanboy overall....for good reason.

Anyway I am going to have to go with ce22/cu22 if I'm forced to pick.....with trem....if I had to get by with just one....that's how I would go....to narrow it even further...many of you might be surprised....I would take an all mahogany CE22 with trem with either early Fralin McCarty pups, 59/09's, or Dragon I's...And a three way push/pull...I could play a guitar like that for the rest of my life and be happy.
    -Bob