Thread: PTC Rosewood Treatment of somethingorother...

PTC Rosewood Treatment of somethingorother...

Can someone explain this PTC rosewood neck treatment ? I'm guessing it smoothes out the neck surface, but does it take away or add stuff to the neck?

The "Rosewood Treatment of Extreme Awesomeness" is a PTC service that makes your Brazilian Rosewood neck ultra smooth. It isn't a paint or a coating.

I don't know if they do it for East IRW necks too. I would assume so.

Click the pics to enlarge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTOEA_zps6f3f5148.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	322

If you look at the glare on this neck and compare it to the back of the headstock you'll get a sense of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RTOEA_2_zpsd4b98a28.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	323
    One Life

I wish all Rosewood necks would be treated like this as a standard before shipping out of the factory...

Living in Bangkok, I only could wish for mine to have this treatment done....

But hey, there are many "treatments of really, extremely, extreme awesomeness" available in Bangkok, but that is totally different story
    Paul's Guitar in Copper, 408MT Brazilian Neck in Black Gold
    1987 Gibson Les Paul Pre-Historic '59, Fender Stratocaster American Vintage '57
    Musicman JP6 full option in Mystic Dream, Gibson Explorer with EMG 81-85 in Black

Quote Originally Posted by Suppalak Klabdee View Post

But hey, there are many "treatments of really, extremely, extreme awesomeness" available in Bangkok, but that is totally different story

Not like the other kids...

I haven't tried it yet, but my green ME1 is getting it done as we speak. I can't wait to get her back.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

I'd love to feel one of these. I have a BRW and an IRW that feel awesome already, and another IRW that's a notch below. I'd consider doing that one first.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    I haven't tried it yet, but my green ME1 is getting it done as we speak. I can't wait to get her back.
    Oh you're in for an extreme treat!

HOLY CRAP!!!! My green ME1 returned home today with a neck of "extreme awesomeness". I loved that guitar before. I'm not kidding, that treatment is frickin' fantastic. The name was very well-selected. Even "She who must be obeyed" raved about it. Her words were "It's so soft. I want furniture that nice." I honestly don't know what they did to it. Perhaps sanded it with ultra fine steel wool? I'm absolutely sending some of my others into the PTC. If anyone is around Cincinnati, give me a shout, and you can check it out. It feels amazing.
    Model citizen...Zero discipline

http://reverb.com/shop/brad737

Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!!! My green ME1 returned home today with a neck of "extreme awesomeness". I loved that guitar before. I'm not kidding, that treatment is frickin' fantastic. The name was very well-selected. Even "She who must be obeyed" raved about it. Her words were "It's so soft. I want furniture that nice." I honestly don't know what they did to it. Perhaps sanded it with ultra fine steel wool? I'm absolutely sending some of my others into the PTC. If anyone is around Cincinnati, give me a shout, and you can check it out. It feels amazing.
    Road trip!
    Plank Owner