Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out for delivery

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post

Here's the quick iPhone pic. You may recognize this from Raven17's family. THANK YOU JOE ​for making this deal happen! Very grateful. I'll give some details later when I get more time. Off to dinner shortly.

Oh...2007 Singlecut Artist in grey black.
    I'm happy for you brother, I knew you'd love it. I've chased my fair share of guitars and there's nothing like scoring a deal on a "coveted" model.
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Sweet.

NIce one, partner! Single cuttin' through the foosball competition!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by Armycopter View Post
    I had almost the exact experience yesterday, including having the kid at home waiting for FEDEX. Luckily he WAS awake when they came and I got my new P22! Congrats on your new guitar and don't forget to post some new pictures!!
    Apparently he pulled an all nighter cause was afraid he'd fall asleep
    I'll have to do something nice for him

Quote Originally Posted by DISTORT6 View Post

Was it ever played!?!?
    Not much from what I understand - that will change going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by markie View Post
    Congrats Vaughn! You have waited sooooo long to get your hands on this Guitar.............. She is fugg'in sweet
    Indeed. Story forthcoming for those who haven't heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    NIce one, partner! Single cuttin' through the foosball competition!
    oooooohhhhh yeeeaah. Lol
    Last edited by vchizzle; 07-24-2013 at 10:24 PM. Reason: macho man spelling

Ok, so here's the story. Back several years ago I saw this guitar on another forum. Instantly infatuated...grey black is one of my favorite of the old school PRS colors and I like the darker colors in general. I love quilt top in general and this one in particular is extraordinary. I think it nears PS quality. My favorite birds. Original, no outline paua birds. The inlay sig on the headstock is a great added touch. This is my favorite inlay material because of the amazing colors and depth the shell has. Brazilian rosewood board/headstock overlay. This is my 1st brazzy guitar. I love the feel of the board. Amazingly smooth, looks great. So I'll move next to the intoxicating smell. I assume that the brazilian smell everyone talks about. It makes me want to eat the guitar. Imagine if they made women's perfume with this scent and PRS sold it. You couldn't beat a PRS dude off his woman. Wait, did that come out wrong???
    Back to the story...so I drooled all over this guys pics, posts, vids, etc. 2 years ago roughly, he has it up for sale. Problem is, at that time I was dying for a 24.5" scale guitar at the time and we didn't really come to term on price until I had already bought a Stripped 58 which I still have and love. So he sold it to someone else(I believe Brian at Brian's Guitars, maybe someone in between too?). Fast forward to this spring/summer. I see the guitar pop up on ebay and start foaming at the mouth and such. Trying to figure out what I can let go after having a huge amount of remorse for quibbling over a couple hundred bucks and not pulling the trigger last time. Poof! ebay ad pulled, vanishing into thin air. No sold or expired...just gone. Until I stumble across Joe's thread: http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthre...tinues-to-grow There she was. I sent him a message saying if he ever decided to sell it - let me know. He was nice enough to offer to sell it to me, knowing I would have to move a couple things first. So after I got the cash together he kept his word and here we are today. Thanks again Joe.

Couple nice surprises. I love a sunken finish and this guitar has some of that. I love it. Also has the same birthday as my woman...which became my spin on why SHE had to love my new guitar too.

In the end it all works out for the best, I've got my 24.5" scale stripper, whom I love dearly. Now I've got this long, sought after beauty. I plan on playing her live too. I can't say she'll remain a case queen, but I'll take good care.

Fantastic that you finally got what you love! Most excellent story, too.

So do you still have the HB SC that's in your avatar? That's a really nice one, too.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by LSchefman View Post
    Fantastic that you finally got what you love! Most excellent story, too.

So do you still have the HB SC that's in your avatar? That's a really nice one, too.
    Yes sir, I do. When I plug it in, I can't even think about selling it

This deserves a big one.

Very cool story and stunning guitar! That quilt is sick. When he posted his "family" thread, there were a lot of positive comments...and most about this guitar. Very cool.

Funny thing is, I just realized the other day that Joe & I met at Experience last year! I took a pic of his green & gold 1-off Tremonti! I completely missed it in the 1st pic of the thread because I spotted the artist. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Very cool story and stunning guitar! That quilt is sick. When he posted his "family" thread, there were a lot of positive comments...and most about this guitar. Very cool.
    Yes, but at the same time, he just got that insane PS.

Very Cool! Happy NGD!
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

Am I really the only one who can see the evil clown in the quilt?

One Life

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! View Post

Just at and under the tailpiece?

That quilt is so deep it looks 3D. I agree Vaughn, it's very close to PS.

I can't wait for this years Exp. I'll actually know some people this time! LOL
    '11 SC250,'12 Tremonti one-off, 2007/13 McCarty Korina,'11 Custom24 Quilted 10Top,'12 DGT w/BK Miracle Man pups,'12 Studio w/BK Cold Sweat,'07/13 Navarro w/BK Cold Sweat pups,'12 NF3, EVH 5150 Half stack, Randall Half Stack, Hughs & Kettner TubeMeister, other fiddles; Mayones, Suhr, Skervesen, Gibson, Fender, Charvel, Jackson, ESP, Dean, EVH, Taylor, GJ2, Ibanez, Carvin, Kramer, Agile & Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Raven17 View Post
    Just at and under the tailpiece?
    Yes. Kinda like this.

One Life

Yes. Kinda like this.

Ha Ha! Awesome! That's what I saw.

NGD ruined. ... you couldn't have made that an evil goats head or something? No. You had to go straight to evil clown.... nightmares.

Haha! I totally see it! "Evil Clown" for the name of this beauty for sure!

This is a great looking guitar.
    Paul's Guitar - Charcoal || DGT Std. - Frost Blue Metallic ||DGT 10 Top - Yellow Tiger || DGT Artist - Faded Blue Jean Tobacco Burst || C.A.D. Custom 50 2-Channel - Slate || 2x12 Pine Cabinet - Charcoal

That looks gorgeous! Cool story to go with it, always fun when something you really loved ends up with you! I have the same deal with my Swamp Ash Studio, previously MA Pete's and I missed out when he listed it for sale, it went to David and then finally got to ME in the end!
    -Matt

Total beauty