Thread: HAPPY ENDING on a PLANE!

HAPPY ENDING on a PLANE!

Iím talking GUITARS, what were you thinking!?

So Iím not an impulsive guy when it comes to buying stuff. I tend to shop long and hard before I buy something. Most of the time it works out pretty well, but this time it bit me in the butt...at first.

Iíd found two or three Paulís Guitars in FBJ with a flame top and a Brazzy boards that I liked. I was having a hard time picking WHICH one I wanted! Truly like picking puppies! So I finally had one I kept coming back to one at Guitar Maverick. One night my wife said ďWhy havenít you bought it yet!?Ē So I filled out the account info on the Guitar Maverick's site and went to bed planning to call in the morning to buy it. In the morning I had an email from JD at Guitar Maverick welcoming me and asking if he could help me. I replied that I wanted to buy the FBJ Paulís he had and asked for a good time to call. He wrote back IT HAD JUST SOLD!

WHAAAT!? It canít be!!! I was crushed... But it was on me, I waited to long... JD offered to find me another but I REALLY wanted that one. I took some time off from looking...

So fast forward a couple of months... As you know, GAS only goes into remission, it's never cured! I was looking at used P22 in the classified on another site guitar and JD shoots me a pm and tells me it was owned by the same guy that bought the Paulís and OBTW Ė he might sell the Paulís I WANTED - to buy a different guitar from JD. Turns out ďPhilipĒ and I have the same taste in Guitars!

So yesterday morning I couldnít sleep and was looking around on eBay Ė there it was! I couldnít believe it, but when I saw the sellers user name I knew it was MY guitar! THIS TIME I didnít BLINK and a few emails later it was a DONE DEAL.

So it took a couple of months and was the looooong way around the block but in the end the story has a
    HAPPY ENDING. Right now the guitar is on a FedEx plane headed my way!

NGD TOMORROW!
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

Hooray!

Pics?
    One Life

Does this also mean you saved some cash since you didn't buy it new? WIN!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

°sɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

Yah-mon...................... That's what I'm talking about
    Fanboy of the Jester (AKA) James (Previously known as 11top)

Awesome! Congrats!
    -Bob

That sounds like a very happy ending, indeed. And...it'll last longer than the other kind.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Its funny becuase I've noticed with the PRS community we tend to remember certain guitars and also their owners - glad shes coming home, man!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Here we are Hans! After an hours of fighting photobucket, it thinks i'm "moble"

...maybe this will work.

The color in the top really changes with the viewing angle!

And I did save a "couple" of bucks letting somebody else "demo" it.
    Last edited by Rango; 07-25-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    If I thought I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself!

Brilliant.

Thatīs a great guitar 'love' story! lol....
    Canīt see the pic yet ... proxy issues here at work...

Congrats!

Fantastic! Nicely done!

Rango Sweet story--glad it's a real PRS I have been planning my next buy, It will definitely be a P22.....but I will have to wait awhile, looking at early next year. Too many house repairs in the near future. Sweetwater has a new one on sale now for $3K (cherry red). This is the best price I've seen for a new one (and I happen to like cherry red...reminds me of cherry tops ) Has anyone seen a better deal--for a new one?
    Frank Bello
    PRS CUSTOM 24
    http://frankbello56.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by frankb56 View Post
    Rango Sweet story--glad it's a real PRS I have been planning my next buy, It will definitely be a P22.....but I will have to wait awhile, looking at early next year. Too many house repairs in the near future. Sweetwater has a new one on sale now for $3K (cherry red). This is the best price I've seen for a new one (and I happen to like cherry red...reminds me of cherry tops ) Has anyone seen a better deal--for a new one?
    I'm glad it's real too!

You'll love the P22 - pm me when you get close and I'll fill you in on who might make a "good guy" deal.... ;-)

Of course the BEST deal is to find one you like "USED".

I wish it was tomorrow!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rango View Post
    I'm glad it's real too!

You'll love the P22 - pm me when you get close and I'll fill you in on who might make a "good guy" deal.... ;-)

Of course the BEST deal is to find one you like "USED".

I wish it was tomorrow!
    Nice score man, fabulous colour.
    I guess we all do the same thing, keep certain guitars in mind and keep an eye out for them. I saw some pics of a stunning P24 from NAMM this year with a spalted maple top and have been keeping out a looksee in case it ever comes up for sale. nothing yet.

cheers!
    Last edited by WishICouldPlay; 07-26-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Hey Chris I am so happy it worked out for you! I've personally been in the same situation but believe me it's tough to field a customer call and tell them their dream guitar isn't available. I know you'll enjoy her!
    JD
    www.guitarmaverick.com
    www.facebook.com/guitarmaverick (LIKE US!)
    Call or Text my cell 512 422 2005

Cool It's HERE!! NGD!

Been playing for the past half an hour! It's FANTASTIC!

Neck is a bit thicker than the P22 but I'm digging it! It still smells of new V-12!

Congrats! Awesome story. I've been in that spot a couple times. The last time was the only time it turned out as happy as your story. It's a great feeling, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by vchizzle View Post
    Congrats! Awesome story. I've been in that spot a couple times. The last time was the only time it turned out as happy as your story. It's a great feeling, right?!
    IT IS! Best part is the guitar is everything I hoped. I got to play for a few hours yesterday and it's just a great guitar.
    "I love it when a plan comes together..."