Thread: Aesthetic Upgrades to SE CU24

Aesthetic Upgrades to SE CU24

Hey folks,

I've been with my SE CU24 for more than a year and am itching for a change. I'm definitely not deserving of a new guitar, but I am down to pretty up my SE model. I'm thinking to increase its likeness to it's older brother. Before I went out and started purchasing parts, I wanted to make sure I was ordering the right parts/colors.

For reference, my SE looks like:
    http://cdn1.gbase.com/usercontent/ge...4b5w0yt_so.jpg

Now the questions:
    1. The black lampshade knobs are the correct knobs on the Core CU24? Will they fit in the SE?
    2. Do my eyes decieve me or did they switch pickup ring color at one time? Two pictures I've been going off for reference are:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/images/gui...body-large.jpg
    and
    http://www.12fret.com/wordpress/wp-c..._Black_Top.jpg

If the Core CU24 did have cream color rings at a time, anyone know if they're the same color as the current SE ones? I'm not too much of a fan of the pure white rings, so I might be tempted to keep the current ones.

3. Anyone know if I can just change the plastic tip on the blade switch? Or would I have to change out the entire switch component. Is there anything special about the PRS one sold on the accessory site versus one I'd get from STEWMAC?

That's it. Thanks for helping me pimp out the SE :-)

Take care,
    Rav

The pickup rings on the Core CU24 are more of a lighter ivory-cream, while the SE ones are more yellowish. The Core pickup rings are same colours, it's just the lighting that gave them different shades. I'm not sure about the other components, so you'll need others to chime in. Have fun!

I put USA amber lampshades on my SE CU24 and they worked great. Looks way better than the SE one too.
    2012 SE Custom 24

On the South Bank of the West Branch of the Susquehanna River in rural town.
    I had to do some extensive searching around to find a switch tip that would thread onto my SE Singlecut. I really need to get a PRS SE one somewhere.

Anyone know where to order just the switch tip, PRS SE?
    "Now all the things that use to mean so much to me has got me old before my time." G. Allman, "Old Before My Time", Hittin' The Note cd.

Angry Southern Gentleman Hopeful Sinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Anyone know where to order just the switch tip, PRS SE?
    Blade or 3 Way Toggle? Color?

I may have an extra for the 3 Way Toggle I can send you for free...

In my opinion, I think PRS shouldn't use Zebra coils on every single SE model... Very unappealing and gives way the model being from the SE line..

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitblues View Post
    Very unappealing and gives way the model being from the SE line..
    I'm guessing that's their purpose

Yeah, I've always thought they look pretty bad too. That's why I'll be getting the STEWMAC Golden Age humbuckers. Anyone have experience with those humbuckers?