Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emil Werstler Question & Answer session here at The PRS Forum!

He straight up broke out the JA-15. Awesome.
    Plank Owner

DGT Club Vice President
    I think I can honestly say that if there was a US made seven string with a trem, I'd buy it.

mgd

DGTs

That's so dope he's doing that for his guitar playing fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Duncan View Post
    I think I can honestly say that if there was a US made seven string with a trem, I'd buy it.
    You and me both. PS 7 is big money.
    Plank Owner

damn, those videos were great.

And dont think we forgot about you! He's been busy with a few other projects this week including a (ssssh) photo rundown of his rig for a website but we should have the answers video to the Q&A soon!
    Paul Reed Smith 7 - S t r i n g A c t i v i s t | Fueled by P T C

Cool - I'll have to check out the vids. The new album rocks. Big time. My wife won't put it on her iPod, but she has lousy taste.

Should have asked Emil about adjusting to the different geography with the 7-string. That gives me fits.
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

That was awesome, Emil is such a great guy! It was really nice to hear him call out forum members by name and I'm glad to hear he's interested in checking out the \m/ pups. I think what really stands out from every conversation or interview with Emil is how intelligent he is. He's a smart cat for sure.

I don't listen to his music, but I like that dude. So cool that he'd take the time to talk to his fans that way, he makes a GREAT PRS metal ambassador!

Emil, you are such a great guy for taking the time to do this!

Thanks to Mike for helping make it happen!
    Thbbbbbt...
    Check it out: Phillybri used to have a band: Resonance But he's soooo over them now!

ísɹǝqɯǝɯ uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ oןןǝɥ

DGT Club Vice President
    This is absolutely KILLER!!! Thank you, Emil and Mike!!

mgd

DGTs

Just watched this. Awesomeness.

Thanks to Mike and Emil for making this happen and to all those that took time to ask questions.

Well done.
    Plank Owner

I was severely impressed Herr Squid's Avatar
    Emil's just a great dude and a scary good musician! The first musical moment of my first Experience ('08) was Emil and Mike Scott just going absolutely ape with freaky harmonic tricks (on Hollowbodies!) in a side tent just as I got in. My jaw dropped. I knew I was onto something good. 8) Later that weekend he got up with just a drummer on the main stage and sprayed white-hot metal riffs all over a blues-rock PRS crowd. Ballsy! It was glorious.

I really liked his comment about the Big "F" and the Big "G" being locked down by tradition, and PRS not!

First of all thank you and congrats for make this happen Mike.
    Emil is one of the coolest artists I've had the pleasure to know (once again, thank you Mike) and I had the privilege to take some classes with. Looking forward my second round of classes with Jedi Master Emil.
    And yeah, at least a limited run of Emil's Signature would make me very happy. Modern Eagle, semi.hollow, traditional trem, \m/ pick ups and Charcoal cherry tiger burst in the same instrument sounds like a winner combination to my ears and soul.

Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying it. Originally when I came up with the idea I figured I would just have Emil shoot me an email with the answers. Then I figured eh, why not have him film himself with his phone. Then we finally figured we could just meet up and film it since his days are so hectic. Then when we FINALLY found an uninterupted 30 minutes I said "ah, @#$ it. Lets go big". It was great becuase as you can tell hes very good at explaining things in detail.

Thanks Mike!
    Emil is a fountain of knowledge I really encourage anyone to join jamplay for his lessons, excellent teacher, monster player

Thanks for doing this, guys. I missed the window to ask Qs, but you guys covered a bunch of cool stuff. I've had the pleasure of having a couple of quick convos with Emil, and he's always been completely down-to-earth and cool as hell. I think it's great that he did this for us. Kudos to you Mike, for setting this up. Real freakin' cool. THANKS!
    "You come around here with these... SOUL DESTROYERS... clad in some kinda paisley rittenou... I don't even know what rittenou means." -Greg Koch re: PRS amps

Haven't had a chance to watch it all, but the chunk I've seen has been fascinating to me. Emil's enthusiasm really comes through.

Major thanks, Mike - you and Emil make great ambassadors for the 7-string!
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner