Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 115

Thread: Design on a Dimebag IV: It's really not that bad.

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Why is every girl a friggin "foodie" nowadays?
    I blame the food network!

    Just get diabetes. Brings out the mother/nurse instinct. She'll want to protect you from all kinds of food. Sushi is bad for diabetes, for example. Too much rice per serving.

    Or she'll dump you.

    But either way, you'll save a lot of dough.
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

  2. #42
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,149
    [QUOTE=LSchefman;91906]
    Or she'll dump you.
    /QUOTE]

    More likely.

    Vietnamese/French fusion tonight... Looks like I'll be saving a ton! The ice water there doesn't even appear to be vegetarian..... Ah! I forgot about the wine, there had better be bread.

  3. #43
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    I would have blamed Pinterest for the foodie thing.
    Plank Owner

  4. #44
    Happy Egads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,806
    You are living in a great place to be/date a foodie, though.

    Do a cheap night next time: Go to Xoco. Chicks love Xoco! Margs, a little sipping chocolate and churros, then home for another round of...





    ...EBAY PRS shopping!

  5. #45
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    You are living in a great place to be/date a foodie, though.

    Do a cheap night next time: Go to Xoco. Chicks love Xoco! Margs, a little sipping chocolate and churros, then home for another round of...





    ...EBAY PRS shopping!

    That's the truth! The midwest is filled with some of the most decadent food the civilized world has ever seen, the burritos, pizza, meat products, and most of all portions here are like nowhere else on earth!

    All three of Rick's joints are incredible places to eat and drink. Seriously, the margaritas there are amazing! I prefer Frontera Grill myself, and it's just across the street from Chicago's greatest drag-club "The Baton Club". Frontera also has the most incredible after dinner coffee beverage I've ever had... Ever!

  6. #46
    Junior Member dadoffive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frederick, MD
    Posts
    68
    Sergio... if you're gonna do great food... you can't leave out Portillo's!

    Wife's family is in Elk Grove Village, Wheaton, Winnetka. Annual treks involve Hot Italian Beef's (with extra HOTS). A staple during our visits!

  7. #47
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoffive View Post
    Sergio... if you're gonna do great food... you can't leave out Portillo's!

    Wife's family is in Elk Grove Village, Wheaton, Winnetka. Annual treks involve Hot Italian Beef's (with extra HOTS). A staple during our visits!
    Oh for sure! I used to have a job decorating all of the Portillo's Groups different restaurants, you guys need to check out their new one "Honey-Jam Cafe" when you get into town next.

  8. #48
    Happy Egads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    That's the truth! The midwest is filled with some of the most decadent food the civilized world has ever seen, the burritos, pizza, meat products, and most of all portions here are like nowhere else on earth!

    All three of Rick's joints are incredible places to eat and drink. Seriously, the margaritas there are amazing! I prefer Frontera Grill myself, and it's just across the street from Chicago's greatest drag-club "The Baton Club". Frontera also has the most incredible after dinner coffee beverage I've ever had... Ever!
    We ended up chatting with Rick last time we there. What a nice guy.

    What is this after dinner coffee drink of which you speak?

    I've been jonesing for a Chicago trip, but it seems there is always something that is requiring the funds that are needed (hint, hint). One of these days I'll actually save up a little and we'll make back out again.

  9. #49
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Oh for sure! I used to have a job decorating all of the Portillo's Groups different restaurants, you guys need to check out their new one "Honey-Jam Cafe" when you get into town next.
    Portillo's is the bomb!!!

    It's one of the two reasons I hit Gurnee, IL frequently. The other is Jimano's!!!
    Plank Owner

  10. #50
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    We ended up chatting with Rick last time we there. What a nice guy.

    What is this after dinner coffee drink of which you speak?
    Rick is always super nice... Always! Even when he's obviously very busy, he finds the time to say thanks or make sure you're happy.

    This is the one:
    Cafe Playa: Kahlua, golden Arette anejo tequila, steaming americano (espresso, hot water) whipped cream, dusting of Mexican chocolate. $8.00

    Big enough to split between two people, and totally worth eight bucks.

  11. #51
    chief Shawn@PRS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1985
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    Rick is always super nice... Always! Even when he's obviously very busy, he finds the time to say thanks or make sure you're happy.

    This is the one:
    Cafe Playa: Kahlua, golden Arette anejo tequila, steaming americano (espresso, hot water) whipped cream, dusting of Mexican chocolate. $8.00

    Big enough to split between two people, and totally worth eight bucks.
    this must be excellent!

  12. #52
    Junior Member dadoffive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frederick, MD
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post
    Portillo's is the bomb!!!

    It's one of the two reasons I hit Gurnee, IL frequently. The other is Jimano's!!!
    My wife grew up in Roselle and was raised on their hot dogs... She "introduced" me to Portillo's in 2000. My arteries haven't been the same since!

    Oh... and Culvers as well. Butter Burgers!

  13. #53
    Senior Member jfb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    O'Fallon, MO
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by dadoffive View Post
    My wife grew up in Roselle and was raised on their hot dogs... She "introduced" me to Portillo's in 2000. My arteries haven't been the same since!

    Oh... and Culvers as well. Butter Burgers!
    We have Culver's in this area.

    Sergio what color sparkles you want for your next DoaDB? My basement awaits it's touch up.
    Plank Owner

  14. #54
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by jfb View Post

    Sergio what color sparkles you want for your next DoaDB? My basement awaits it's touch up.
    What color sparkles do you want? It's your space after all.... Keep in mind I charge double for blue.

  15. #55
    Senior Member veinbuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    GTA, or PA, or vacation
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    What color sparkles do you want? It's your space after all.... Keep in mind I charge double for blue.
    ORANGE

  16. #56
    Plank Spanker justmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Down under, down under
    Posts
    1,536
    Rasta sparkles

  17. #57
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,149
    If all goes well tonight I'll be reopening this cold case file.

  18. #58
    Opaque John Beef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    1,424
    You going to use the rest of the can of flat black?
    The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

  19. #59
    Goatee Practitioner Danerada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    964
    Man! I NEED to find a $125 SE Soapy!!!!!!!!

    Your work looks great my man. You gonna "serg" it up a bit?
    - Dane

    “He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo.”

  20. #60
    Senior Member sergiodeblanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Downers Grove Il.
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Danerada View Post
    You gonna "serg" it up a bit?
    Nah, I'm gonna "Louis" it up a bit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •