Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Design on a Dimebag IV: It's really not that bad.

Thanks John!

I decided to try and smooth out the look of the edges to this guitar by building up the gap with superglue. I felt pretty good about the job I did and decided it was time to move on and paint and poly this sucker.

I used some ACE branded black paint that seemed to have blended fairly well with the original color, or at least better than the $1 flat black spray I did the headstock repair with....

Those edges are lookin' way better than they did previously. After a light sand and re-masking the top I decided to spray a little poly on... in the rain.

I'm feelin' pretty good about this one now, all I have to do is wait for it to cure and then I can move on to the stage where I burn through the poly with the buffing wheel and then start all over.

'sall good...we'll wait...something tells me (us) it'll be worth it!!!

I think I've taken this one as far as I can for now... Patience is one of those things I struggle with when it comes to guitar projects, I want it, and I want it NOW!!!!

It's looking' pretty okay.. I like how the top looks now, the edges are pretty well shaped and there's enough superglue to make the top look kinda' seamless. What? This whole guitar cost maybe $185.

Oh.. Better make that $200, I forgot about the clear lampshades I bought!

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodeblanc View Post
    ... and then I can move on to the stage where I burn through the poly with the buffing wheel and then start all over.
    Hahahahaha!

Hey, Sergio. I thought about you this weekend when I was in Las Vegas. At Caesar's Palace they have a Gucci and a Luis Vitton store right next door to each other.

The Bovine Fury <-- stream and download our album "Eleven by Twelve" for free.
    05 Custom 22 with DGT pickups ~ 07 Mira with old birds ~ 08 SE Baritone Fralin/Suhr pickups ~ 03 SE Santana

Quote Originally Posted by John Beef View Post
    Hahahahaha!

Hey, Sergio. I thought about you this weekend when I was in Las Vegas. At Caesar's Palace they have a Gucci and a Luis Vitton store right next door to each other.

I've been there!.... drunk! I'm glad when people think of high-end luxury brands my name immediately comes to mind.

We need a picture of you dressed in your best hip-hop outfit holding this guitar! Plus you can use the photo to enter the contest Hunter posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn@PRS View Post
    We need a picture of you dressed in your best hip-hop outfit holding this guitar! Plus you can use the photo to enter the contest Hunter posted.
    I'll credit you with an assist for my win!

Great job, Sergio!
    If something is too hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just stick that guitar in the closet next to your short-wave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go inside and watch TV.
    -- Homer J. Simpson

Oh yeah, BOOOOOOYYEEEEEEEEEEE!

Thanks guys!

Swanky.
    One Life

Awesome! Can I say "Bangin"? or has that been trademarked?
    "Just one more and then I promise, no more guitars honey!" - The phrase I say most to my wife

I've told my wife - I need a cheap guitar and some Victoria's Secret material...
    Alan

"I watched approximately 45 seconds of 'Rock Of Ages'. It was like getting punched in the soul." - Abby Krizner

Quote Originally Posted by alantig View Post
    I've told my wife - I need a cheap guitar and some Victoria's Secret material...
    What'd she say?